Firebase security issue

Nowadays small app developer like us are facing great problems with our database.
Whenever we make a good app & start getting fame, some expert bad people destroy us.
They decompile our apk & get all our api & firebase information. Then they destroy us by deleting our database or using bot to store millions of data to crash our database.
I found a way to stop them by using “obfuscated text” to change firebase url from blocks. I appiled this method on my app & was successfull to secure my database. I made that app with appybuilder.
But kodular dosen’t have this feature to change firebase url from blocks. I worked for 12 days to make an app with kodular & now I’m seeing this.
Do I have to make this app with appybuilder again ? Why don’t you guys focusing on our security ?

2 Likes

An “obfuscated text” won’t stop advanced developers from doing bad things… Don’t rely on it

I’m not saying this will stop them. But It’s okay to have something than nothing. If you know what I mean :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, the problem is not with Kodular, but it’s about Firebase which does not belong to Kodular. In this case, my suggestion for you is to use another database which gives you all security you need.

2 Likes

Firebase has a fairly powerful system for configuring read and write permissions for authenticated users. You can establish that no one can access certain data, it’s just a matter of knowing how to configure firebase rules well and implement them in kodular…
Another option (that I’m using now) is to use Sqlite. This database is stored on the phone itself, can be exported and uploaded to a cloud (if you want).
Having the database on your own phone avoids security problems…

1 Like

take the exttension for firebase url
cost is think 5 or 10 dollar. than you can put the firebase url in the hidden text block. With vaariables i mean you can create the u