How to create app like Tik Tok?

So, friends can i create it whith dynamic components extension made by @yusufcihan

2 Likes

Yes. Sure. You can create it Dynamic Components extension.

1 Like

I have AIA File Of TikTok Like Application Pm Me If You Want

2 Likes

These are interesting numbers. I believe it is even more, because there a lot of others costs not mentioned. Their program to attract new users in Brazil for example, I got more than $1k with it. And it was months ago. It is still going, and now they advertise at Youtube and with all the influencers that they can.

But just because an app has the same appearance or resources doesn’t mean the goal is getting millions of videos.

A friend of mine have a similar app, with a few different functions, it had about 30k downloads and have about 10k active users. At my opinion it reached the top already. The focus is to people of one certain location with certain interest only.

Detail: He spends nothing with host. All the videos are uploaded at about 5 different Youtube accounts as unlisted, then youtube api is used to embed the videos within an unique player.
And this is the case of a close friend. Many huge app videos at my country use youtube, Blogger, etc to host the videos for free since years ago, proving that may not be possible to create a successfull app even without millions

8 Likes

Nice Ideas :blush:

1 Like

But now this problem also solved by this paid extension

4 Likes

You Can Edit Your Video And Do Many Things With Free Extension Called

4 Likes

I have recently thought about that its easy to make.Shhh.You Just Need Kodular , Good Marketing(So that it goes well with the consumers.),and An Microsoft Azure.(Maybe Free Account with credit card in starting- it may cost you later.)
1.So first of all leave the thought that you are creating an app like TikTok.
And think of it as a short video app.
**2.**Get A Name.& Logo (ofcourse)
3. Start Koding on Kodular.
3.1. Use Firebase’s authentication.
3.2. Create a good UI designs You can hire someone or create your own.(Such as logos, share, buttons and all that)
3.3. Add all those sharing and play/pause buttons and that on front end.With screen guestures.
3.4 Now add an upload button. in bottom view navigation.
3.5 .Get 1st and 3rd and 21 st extensions from
https://aiex.godaddysites.com/download.
Read their documentation here MIT App Inventor Extensions
3.6. Set Up Look Image and Personal Image Classifier and Image Recognizer.
Read its documentation here Image Recognizer - ✕ Docs
3.7 Get your Key from Azure.
3.8 Make you code something like this.
$%$%$%$%$Screen- Upload $%$%$%$%
When users upload their videos a screen shot of it must be taken and used as thumbnail then sent via look image, personal image classifier, the Image Recognizer.
These will all be combined as list.
Then upload the Image , Video and Tags to Airtable/some storage component.
And most dominating tag i.e. one which occured many times should be uploaded to firebase.
Remember to add extension by DeepExtensions for editing Video.
$%$%$%$%$% Screen - User/Viewer $%$%$%$%$%
Connect to firebase account authenticate.
Then Get all tags user is interested in from tiny db in phone.(saved as list)
(If it is new user show all the types of videos turn timer on video start then stop if paused/changed and turn it into percentage by dividing it by total duration.
Then stop setup screen and go to old users/viewers page.)
Then on common/old users page Get the list from tinydb and sort by percentage.
Ask for firebase to show the video links list or airtable column number for getting videos.
And then also add timer when video starts till ends if the videowatch percent is greater than 50% add all other tags list saved in airtable to tinydb list. (for next time)
And If in any video watch percent is less than 25% remove that tag from the tinydb list.
$%$%$%$%$%$%Screen - Follow %$%$%$%$%$%$%$
You can also add “Follow” tab view if you like.and use web pusher or onesignal to notify followers.
But if I made it I would not make it happen and let users enjoy the content.
Keep notifying users about new challeges you and your creative team creates.

BOOM
You’re done with your app.
Remember to monetize it if you want by allowing a banner ad after 10 or so videos else you can switch to watch time.

Thanks

6 Likes

Nope. You need to make ML algorithms as organic as possible. You don’t just need technical knowhow, you need human intelligence behind a successful algorithm.

A well-known startup entrepreneur once told me, there’s no issue with making copycat ideas.
After all, the ones who became succesful not because of WHAT they made, but because of HOW they delivered it. Orkut (the software) is dead even after Google’s acquisition, but Facebook had an IPO.

3 Likes

Still, want to more detail about this topic than check out this blog: How to Make an App Like TikTok?

Hope this helps & you got your answer.! Please let me know if you any questions.

Inquiry Here: https://www.openxcell.com/inquire-now/

1 Like

There is a rise and fall of everything. If someone clones it with creative ideas then it might get successful.

Instagram got successful even if there was Facebook already in market.
Yahoo fell and Google rose.
(I don’t know) fell and Reddit rose.
Yahoo answers was replaced by Quora.
And there are many more.

Maybe Google too can get overpoverd by another company in future if they are more creative and useful.

4 Likes

Try With Grid View

1 Like

I have already created

3 Likes

@almeidapablo even im trying to build an app like tik tock but with unique features i want to use the video player extension so can you connect me with your friend so i can get the method. thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already explained how it works. What else do you want? PM me so we don’t go off topic

1 Like

:no_mouth:

1 Like

I have 3 Apps with 100k+ downloads and I didnt found any request issues.

1 Like

Your app users might be taking a second gap while requesting because Airtable has mentioned this in their official community.

3 Likes

Just need another 8 million dollars per month and we’re good to go.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.