Search Bar for ListViewimage, ListView, Dynamic ListView - By MusaBukhari | Guide

So Welcome, Everyone today in this guide I will show how to implement a SearchBar in your App? #OneforAll

In this Guide, I will cover all types of Listview

1. Simple List View
2. ListView Image
3. Dynamic List View

So Let’s Begin!

1. Search Bar with Simple ListView

• Design

Screenshot 2021-07-30 152753

• Blocks

List
blocks
Logic of Search

• Result

====================================================================

2. Search Bar with ListViewImage

• Design

Screenshot 2021-07-30 152520

• Blocks

List

Logic of Search

• Result

====================================================================

3. Search Bar with Dynamic ListView

• Design

Screenshot 2021-07-30 152844

• Blocks

List

Function to Build List

Logic of Search

• Result

===============================================================
Dynamic Component Extension By @yusufcihan

IF you found it helpful then drop a like, Thankyou.

40 Likes

Nice guide specially the last one :ok_hand:
By the way, we have such guides in community.

Excellent Work @Musa_Bukhari I really loved this :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks You @Prem1

Thanks @Jinx

1 Like

You just posted the blocks image on the name of logic. You must explain it. Otherwise koder will have to always copy your blocks to their project as you haven’t explained.

2 Likes

Because I think this is a really Simple logic and so there is nothing to explain it
But if you need an explanation then Here it is

Explanation

On TxtSearch: on text changed event Call a Loop with a limit of length to list then add if-else statement to check that if list element contains txtsearch.text then show it in list in any design

Yes, that’s it. This is the explanation of SearchBar Logic

Good to see the guide.

I am using this method for search in my app from airtable database with listview and image . But after search result, when i click the listview, I am unable to delete the data in airtable which I am willing to delete. I am unable to solve this issue please help me. Thank you in advance.

After the search and upon clicking on the result, you should need to get the row number for the select d item… if you get it then easily can delete it. If show us your blocks after search result, we can suggest you

:point_up: Jun 2020

With Extension
:point_down:

1 Like

I am using long click to delete airtable data by using get position it works fine in normal situation but when i use search then problem arises as position changes on search.

Then after search you are not fixing the index numbe properly, it may selects index but instead of correct index number

Yeah, I want the position before searching remain same after searching to delete the correct row number and this is what I am not able to do that.

Try this

I am using listview, image and text

Something like this, modify code according to your needs for example if you wish to delete from global lists or …

1 Like

Thank you I think it’s Working. By the way I am still testing

1 Like

How can I use this method with this?

What is the problem with above blocks ?