Is it possible to remove permissions by extension?

Can anyone make me that kind of extension that removes network permission and internet permission from manifest or allow us to select which permissions to remove?

that is not possible

ok then but kodular should give an option to disable those permissions they are completely useless for me.

I can’t do hardwork everytime decompile apk edit manifest then convert to aab and all that

Even if you do, google play store will reject your app for not asking permission from user…

Nope they won’t coz I am not doing any of the task that requires internet

No matter what you use but if your app needs it mean you must express or show else google play will do, I hope so

1 Like

Can I ask why?

(Since it is possible to declare permissions in the Manifest via extension, it should actually also be possible to remove a permission.)

1 Like

Please make one if you can I will be very much thankful to you.

Well, it is that way…

1 Like

OK, but I would like to know the reason.

1 Like

When you mention the @UsesPermission, at the build time of the app, it will be written to the Android manifest file one by one, and there isnt a feature to remove the lines written to the manifest.

2 Likes

So AI2 should add this feature!

4 Likes

I have opened a feature request here, I hope mods will take a look

2 Likes

I think only the MIT team can do it.

1 Like

How can I bring their attention?

I think they will read it. But whether they do anything is another question.

1 Like

I am new here in app inventor and it’s forks so you may probably know that they do work on feature requests or not, so please tell me they do or not?

Let’s see… we can only wait…

2 Likes

i think we should have option for permission cause the Google policy, i just need internet and no more like read or write external storge…