Is it possible to search for blocks?

Is there a way to search possible to search for blocks in the Blocks editor?

3 Likes

There, while you’re in the block editor just type

1 Like

What do you want?
Search existing blocks(already used) or new blocks.
If you want to search existing blocks then it is not possible except procedures which has a highlight procedure option.
But you can search for new blocks.Just type name choose appropriate block.

2 Likes

Yes, I meant searching for existing blocks, I have like 400-500 blocks in a program I’m coding, some get lost.

3 Likes

I have 2000 blocks in one screen and I struggle to find where I put some of them from time to time.

The best way I could find to locate them is Ctrl + F, then type the name of the block and just try to find where is the highlighted block. Not very efficient but I don’t thing there is an easier way at the moment.

3 Likes

right click on block editor work-space and then choose “Clean up blocks” and then again right click and choose “sort blocks by category”, you will get your blocks sorted to their kind now its a bit more easy and you also have a better way just as @nikthegreek

4 Likes

Oh thanks, that should help.

1 Like

This is an amazing tip. I didn’t know it was possible.
But if I understood correctly it is not possible to undo this way to organize the blocks if I make some change on the content of the blocks, right?

This may create another problem because I think most of the people - at least the ones I know - organize the blocks according to the order they appear on the screen.
So in some projects this may be good but in others may

1 Like

when you click on “sort according to category” and if the sorting is not helpful to you then you can again directly click on “sort according to category” and it will sort with a new pattern, may it helps you. It depends on situation and on the person what makes them easy to find blocks

2 Likes

All Kodular needs to do is to leave the chrome scrollbar visible. In Thunkable it is visible and when you use ctrl + f it highlights the found words and on the scrollbar it shows where to find them.

1 Like