It is possible to Test the app without a phone?

Hi:

It is possible to Test the app without a phone?

Maybie using an emulator?!

Thank you.

2 Likes

You can download a emulator to your computer, then you can install Kodular companion, finally enter the code then test it. I didn’t tested, but you can try.

3 Likes

I don’t think the Kodular companion works on an emulator. I have tried many times to get it to load and it wont.You need to export and build your project to an APK .

For virtual devices you can tryAndroidStudio AVD Manager, or Genymotion.

2 Likes

Hi yusufcihan:

Can you please inform me the link to download the emulator?

Ty

all those emulator

2 Likes

cian:

Thank you for reply!

Unfortunately my laptop just have 4GB RAM Memory! I’m unable to install the Android Studio!

I just need to find a way to test the app without the worry to use the phone all the time!

Hug

For me, it works as it should. When did you try it?

2 Likes

I cant find the app through an AVD (Android studio) device on playstore, and if I grab the pacakge, and try to sideload it, it will not open

This website can be usefull:

2 Likes

I tried various emulators it did’nt works but on some it works for while and then crashes

Yes, you can try Geny motion because thunkable companion works fine on it I’ve tested it but can’t say about kodular:thinking:

But it don’t works that good on emulators especially on low spec devices but you can try geny motion and ARcore for chrome I use ARcore but not companion because it never connects to it instead you can download apk and then test it on arcore on chrome browser and it’s the best option for you because it does’nt lags or crashes like emulators and works fine on low specs as well .

2 Likes

use Genymotion It works fine

1 Like

Mine has 3 GB ram but works completely.
It hangs at first but when everything loads it works perfectly fine…