Kodular getting slower

Neither does this help

bild
As this function is misused and lately people are using it to much, they think they can duplicate stuff 500 times and still get god working flow

Can only say good luck

3 Likes

I asked only because I had speed issues with Internet Explorer so I started using Chrome.
I also very recently tried Firefox and it was even faster than Chrome.

1 Like

Yes Firefox works best for me to however, even I experienced some performance issues with some aia’s posted in the community which contained 500+ components and 10000+ blocks

2 Likes

Divide and rule

Regarding browsers, when I work from Linux I use Chrome and when I am on Mac I use Firefox. In both systems and browsers it goes the same way.

Hi, thanks for the answers I give a little more information about my project. It currently has 24 screens and some more are still missing. The simple act of logging in to kodular and entering the project is already hell. The bulk of the programming is in operation and I have them contracted. At the beginning the part of the blocks began to go slow but it is that it also affects the slowness of the design part and it is becoming increasingly difficult to work. The project is quite extensive but I did not think that the system would collapse in such a way … perhaps kodular or the app-based systems inventor only serve for small projects?

Greetings and thank you.

You still didn’t answer these questions. And number of blocks.

it looks like you ignored the warning after 10 screens…
see also Building Apps with Many Screens

perhaps kodular or the app-based systems inventor only serve for small projects?

no, but you have to follow the recommendations, see also tip 1 here

Taifun

4 Likes

Regardless of the BIG MISTAKE of having more than 10 screens (No app needs more than ten screens, and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong), the blocks editor is actually faulty and starts lagging in some systems more than in others. May be is it optimized for Intel architecture more than AMD? I have an AMD processor.

When I use Chrome with more than 1500 blocks it’s almost impossible to move anything, it takes around 2 to 3 seconds to start dragging a block or pan the work area. In Firefox, the same projects moves a lot faster, still with some lag but way better than Chrome.

In Chrome, the login is done lightning fast, while in Firefox trying to login is a matter of luck. Sometimes the screen goes blank, sometimes it keeps asking for my Google account many times, and sometimes it works fast.

In Chrome the companion stays connected all the time, while in Firefox, the companion connects for a minute or two and it disconnects without any message of it disconnecting.

But overall, the biggest thing that discourages me and I’m sure other people of making big apps is the lag in the blocks editor. I’m sure there must be a way to optimize it for large projects, My computer is powerful enough to play new games in high quality setting, so I don’t think that has something to do with it.

5 Likes

Many screens are bad, but to avoid screens you need a large designer on the same screen, so the companion starts to show anomalies, also needs more blocks, which slows everything down.
This is true of all the AppInventor tools I have used. Use AppInventor from before you can create new screens.
That’s why I proposed these things:

Honestly, I do not understand how the first two proposals do not exist. Is it just me who suffers from it?

1 Like

Damn, that much lag on 1500 blocks

Then I should not recommend trying this one, as I had 5-6 seconds delay on it

Screen Screen1.bky contains 41 blocks
Screen Screen2.bky contains 136 blocks
Screen Screen3.bky contains 141 blocks
Screen Screen4.bky contains 13821 blocks
The AIA project Bill_Hamburgueria_teste.aia contains 14139 blocks spread across 4 screens.
2 Likes

Next daily challenge: Show an app, wich needs at least 11 screens to work efficiently.

you might want to read again this Building Apps with Many Screens
Taifun

1 Like

As soon as I have the finished project if it allows me to kodulate it, I will show it to you and the challenge will be the other way around, I will challenge you to see if this app is so wide, you are able to do it in less than 10 screens

Well it seems that closing all the blocks of the whole application lets me work. I hope to finish the project because restructuring everything now would almost start over. For next projects I will consider more these details that tell me. Thanks to all for the help

Ok, I’m waiting to see your app and tell you that you don’t need that many screens.

2 Likes

Don’t forget we are still waiting to see your app. :wink:

1 Like

I am suggesting @Kodular
These tips may become solution in future
1.Kodular needs to build its own block editor instead of “Blockly editor”
2.Kodular needs to build a software for PC like Android Studio (Kodular Creator/Kodular Studio). With Inbuilt emulator for testing. So there will be no performance issues with browser. (Saves projects in PC/Cloud). Compile app in PC itself.
3.Kodular needs to build a platform like Stadia (by Google)
Stadia is a gaming platform where Stadia performs all gaming activity on Stadia servers (without users hardware) and streams to user in browser. But this method is only useful if user has high speed network connection.

Sounds great but who will pay for it all? People are already complaining about the “high” commissions for ads but those only go towards keeping Kodular up and running.

5 Likes