Kodular Issue - All my progress was deleted

Ive been working for many hours on a project, and while trying to compile the system was giving me an error. (No logs were provided). I just refreshed the site and all the progress is gone…
Only this was left…

Is there any way to recover it?

1 Like

I think it is your internet problem that is why the project is not saving. Check your internet and look at the error if the project is not saving.

1 Like

Are you getting any errors now when you are loading your project.

I dont think so, I worked for around 5 hours on the project and I was testing on the Companion all the time, therefore if there was an internet connection the connection with the companion should have been disconnected, which never happened

I haven’t tested again, as all the progress was gone I went to sleep. It was 1:00 AM here

And you didn’t get any error messages during those five hours of work, in which case it’s very strange because the system regularly saves you work and also saves before exporting to apk…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That’s the thing. It was really weird… There was no issue at all before compiling

Hey Elizabeth, I don’t think it’s possible to retrieve what’s gone. You have to do it again, it’s frustrating ik because once in a while we all lost source code of our projects. I thought Kodular was immune to this but your post made me realise it’s not. You know I am scared, like what if this happens to me? So, I think we all Koders need to follow these steps:-

1. Use the save project button in my project tab at the nav bar.
  2. Save Aia file from time to time, this not only ensures that the project is saved but also helps you to retrieve your last save if you messed up in blocking part or deleted any important blocks/components.
  3. Last one, open a new tab and check if your progress is saved. This 50 sec will save you 5 hours of work.

And this one to Kodular developers, Guys You have done a nice job creating this platform. We will provide you with feedback, you will upgrade according to it. So that, Kodular will always be the best blocking software available.

So, Can you look into it?

Thanks for reading it, Hope this will help.

1 Like

10 days ago I also lost my work. I did it again this morning. My work was almost finished. When I logged in again in the evening, I saw that 95% of the blocks were gone. This is very annoying.

It looks like you did not learn anything from the first time…

http://twodogapps.com/?page_id=686#BackupWork

Taifun

Today I restarted my same project. I wanted to test it without adding too many blocks. I specifically clicked the save project button. However, when I exited and entered again, I saw that all blocks except 4-5 blocks were deleted.

I convert 60,000 words into a list with a block using split. I think this block is causing the deletion. Is this a bug in Kodular?

Do you think this block is causing the blocks in my project to be deleted?

The block that I think caused the deletion:

After the blocks are deleted:
blocks (1)

Might be a new bug when you insert this symbol

|

If this is the case then you could use , (comma) instead if | symbol and use list from csv row text block to convert the comma separated text into list.

Do not store so many words in a text block!

Store the words in a text file, upload the file into the assets of the app and read the file on first run of the app, then convert the words into a list and store the list in TinyDB for all further runs

Taifun

This method would be a good solution for me but I don’t know how to do it. Is there a guide for me to do this?

Exactly as I explained it.
Do it step by step and if you have issues, post a screenshot of your relevant blocks

Taifun

I don’t know how to do what you said.

Start with reading the textfile

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.

There is a free programming course here http://www.appinventor.org/content/CourseInABox/Intro and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps

How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Our Tutorials! to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

1 Like