Location sensor

I am using location component of kodular but when i call location (get current address)
it do not show me the location it just shows no address available . my location is enabled bu even then it is not showing location

Can you show your blocks. Do you use the when location changed block. That is the moment when your location is found and an adress can be found. At least that was my experience when i used this feature. If it wasn’t found i also got the no adress available response. It may take some time to find your location.

2 Likes

i made a small project called ip tracker. check this post -

Updated link - IP Tracker - Track IP Address Using Google Map - Tech CVR

it has the location option too which will help regarding your query

1 Like

FYI - Blog link timed out for me 3x.

To @Peter 's point. When you initialize the app, use the when.location changed block to update the location variable. Make sure you gave permission to use the location as well. Show your blocks if you can.

1 Like

may i know from which country you are visiting my site.

Canada be the place

@techcvr, @peter and @cian , here bare my blocks :-
help5

Where is your location changed block? See my explanation in an earlier post.

1 Like

i will try that but can the problem also occur if the mobile is in area which is not famous or is unknown

1 Like

Why don’t you try it yourself? This way you will learn even more.

2 Likes

i am 90% sure about that but just need conformation, i already tried it with 2 phones

1 Like

ather then call another function, setup a label, and on button press send the output to the label.

The problem you have is that you are asking the system to get a location immediately, and perhaps it has not had time to get one. So per Peter you need to add a Change Location function to make sure it responds.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.