Misuse of Community

agree with @George_Loungos

2 Likes

100% right

No matter how easy or helpful you make that search option for users, they would still post repetitive content/post. Otherwise what do you think, clicking the search button is so hard task to perform? It greatly depends on users, whether they want to type a long unnecessary description of the problem or just type some keywords to find the solution.
Unfortunately most of the user choose the first option. The reason is still unknown :man_shrugging:

This is not the actual reason. Recently I posted a bug related to Backpack. As soon as I typed the word ‘backpack’, number of post appeared on the right side related to backpack. I went through all the post just to ensure if any topic matches the bug that I am going to post. But as there was no similar post, I created the topic. All these requires very important and valuable parameters called time and patience which some users don’t have. They are ready to waste their time in creating an already posted topic and wait for the perfect solution as they don’t even want hints on which they can apply further.

7 Likes

I totally agree, so I made this suggestion some time ago:

Therefore I would suggest that every user who opens a new topic, is first asked to clarify and confirm a few points beforehand:

I confirm that I have observed the following :
□ precise description of the issue / bug
□ the forum was previously searched for similar issues
□ show code, relevant blocks (images, screenshot/s of blocks in high quality)
□ I debugged my blocks (connect to companion & right mouse click: “Do it”

5 Likes

And here’s a perfect example of what is being discussed:

5 Likes

People also post on multiple forums. The following topic has been posted on Thunkable as well.

3 Likes

Maybe a Discourse plugin or API can detect if post is published on Thunkable, AI2 Forum etc. too? Because most builders use Discourse as community software, so it shouldn’t be so hard to implement.

3 Likes

It could be possible, since it is a simple route, such as this:

https://community.kodular.io/search.json?q=Eagle

The difficult thing is to create a plugin, since, if I remember correctly, they are written in Ruby

1 Like

Here’s another user who has created the exact same topic on Kodular and Thinkable X within minutes of each other:

1 Like

Hey @ADI_Experiences Read both the topics properly as you are not able to find any diference between both… In thunkable community as I am working also on thunkable I have asked about representation of data and On kodular I have asked about getting data …
Just first read it properly after that take action

How to retrieve data from airtable and retrieve data from airtable, there are many words changed from topics, @ADI_Experiences :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

first of all you are new here and seeking for help so be polite, while seeing your post titles we dont need to read more, what does title do? can you explain?

3 Likes

You are right @ImranTariq … but sometimes when newbie comes here he doesn’t know rules… he just starts creating topics without searching… So when any new users joins to the community there should be guidelines so that he can get some idea.

1 Like

@Kodular should add the hint in the creat topic text box, when a user try to creat a new topic, see in below picture.

6 Likes

Actually we have it but only for some category’s and as you said, it should be only as hint

bild
bild
bild
bild

3 Likes

I’ve added the hint. Is there too much text now?

4 Likes

Actually this text is important (rounded)

1 Like

That is there :laughing:

I think you’re still seeing the old version, try hard reloading the page or clearing cache.

3 Likes

and this: