Open Whatsapp Link into App

I’m using my full site in webview.
I need whatsapp to open when I click on a “wa.me/phone” link.
If I disable the “Use External Browser” function. Whatsapp opens inside the webview instead of opening in the external app. But if I enable the “Use External Browser” all the links open in the external browser and I do not want this.

I did not try this but you can set the start of an activity
The URL is similar to the address and you open it at the beginning of the activity

You can’t control this, it is a choice made by each cellphone user.
usually whatsapp links will open on whatsapp app

What you can do is instead of setting a link to whatsapp.com or whatever, you do something like this:
when button clicked start activity whatsapp with url or intent whatsapp link

puffinFree

Add your link instead of play.google.com

I do not have the option to choose an Acitivity_Starter1 because I just put the webview and nothing else.

Then put the activitystarter component on your screen.

5 Likes

I’ve put it, but whatsapp keeps opening in the app browser instead of opening the whatsapp application.
And as my whatsapp links change because there are so many companies that I make available the click to whatsapp. I can not find a way to solve this.

You can use this method but Instead of using activity starter use chrome custom tab component to open whatsapp link.

Check if webviewer current url contains the whatsapp link of yours. If it does then open that URL in chrome custom tab else use web viewer to load URL

Normally chrome custom tab will open whatsapp application if the url is correct.

1 Like

I’m doing that method it’s working. And chrome tab also.

I created an extension that I called DeepLink that allows you to open other apps via clicking on a link in a webviewer.
It’s still kinda in the Beta stage but I added a wa.me link to the project for testing.
It does open the WhatsApp app but it also opens WhatsApp in the WebViewer.

Check it out and let me know if this will work for your needs:
DeepLink.aia (10.6 KB)

4 Likes

its working but 1 problem.
if i use the extension on webviewer nd if i set liner progressbar visible when progress change nd hide when page loaded then the liner progressbar are not hide, always visible

its working but 1 problem.
if i use the extension on webviewer nd if i set liner progressbar visible when progress change nd hide when page loaded then the liner progressbar are not hide, always visible

Your plugin is fantastic, congratulations. I would like to ask if you could make a fix so that it works together with com.ghostfox.moliata.ExtendedWebViewer. There is a conflict where both plugins cannot work together.

Thanks for any help.

1 Like

I don’t think there is a way to resolve this.

Too bad to hear that. ExtendedWebViewer is indispensable for my project. Anyway thanks for the attention.

1 Like

What is the use of this Extendedwebviewer extension? Does it have another function compared to the default WebViewer component?

Capturar
These are the functions I need in my application that do not exist in standard Webview.

1 Like

Well, there is a download component and other download extensions related to yoir need.

From where i can download this extension and how i can use it . i am not able to download with this link