Phase • Animations made easy!

Nice extension, glad your incorporating others’ ideas!

:hugs: We should get to know each other more, maybe stop being [enemies]?

Stay safe :heart:

3 Likes

Hi Shreyash,

I need to zoonin then zoomout then zoomin then zoomout in a loop with duration & speed control of this cyclic loop. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Donald

Hi,
You can do it like this :point_down:
IMG_20200410_220832

Perhaps, not the most efficient way, but it works.

Thank you, Shreyash, I got the idea. It now works great. I also added your extension into MIT App Inventor, it also works well.

However after I added the extension, it was renamed to be Any Phase with all the blocks renamed as well. Are these blocks different from yours. Or was it just a MIT conversion?

Donald

You might have used the blocks from Any Component section. If not, can you please share screenshot of what you are talking about?

2 Likes

I did not say it clearly. Sorry. By using your blocks, it worked fine. But in MIT, when I imported the extension, it also created another extension by adding “any” in front of your extension. I just wanted to know why.

Thanks, Donald

@Donald_Hwong they’re special components which let you access the properties/functions of any such component currently used in the screen, hence the name. I suggest you check out this blog: AITech - Using Procedures and Any component blocks, especially step 4.

3 Likes

Got it. Thank you.

Hi Shreyash, I can not get Animation Pause and Resume to work. Any advise?

WDYM by cannot get to work? You need to be a bit more specific.

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply.

Well, when I call Pause Animation, it does not pause. Then of course, I don’t know whether Resume Animation works or not. :slight_smile:

I just tried it and its working as it should. May I please know how you are trying to do it it?

2 Likes

Sorry to have bothered you. I did not call it correctly. It is working fine now.

Thank you as always,
Donald

2 Likes

I really don’t know if it’s a bug. But you may consider this.
When you perform animation for first time then it’s shows same animation. After then it’s normal.

1 Like

Make sure you’ve set repeatCount to 0 if you don’t want to repeat the animation at all.

3 Likes

No that’s not the problem wait I will explain you in detail.

So actually here on screen initialize I have set the animation to Bounceinup but does the other animation.

And here when the tab layout change I have set the zoom in animation but it does the other animation.

But it’s only for 1st time then it does the respective animation
You can see the above video.

1 Like

Hello @Shreyash any solution.

I checked the APK you PMed me. The BounceInUp animation seems to be working fine. And why are you using two different instances of Phase when you can just use one?

First I was using 1 then thought this might fix the problem so I tried it. But nothing happened.