Picture from camera in a created folder

Hello guys, I’m starting at Kodular and I’m loving it. I’m creating an app that receives information from some text boxes, and also takes 4 photos, from the camera!
I need that at the end of the form He send everything to a folder inside the device!
a different folder for each shipment.

as I am a novice I already learned how to create a directory with the name of each inserted customer.
and also a txt document with the fields filled in.

I would really like to insert the pictures taken and a txt file inside that folder!
I appreciate any support.

What have you done so far? Show your blocks.

1 Like

Hi deanart2012, ok!
this is my blocs.
thanks for help me
blocks (2)|690x309

i translate my blocks, sorry
this is the correct.

you might want to use the Small Camera Extension by Juan Antonio to save the taken picture in a directory of your choice
(link taken from the extensions directory App Inventor Extensions | Pura Vida Apps)
Taifun

1 Like

fantastic, it worked perfectly with photos! wonderful!
but how can i throw the .txt file into the same folder as the photo was sent? I appreciate your help!

use the File.SaveFile method together with the folder you want
Taifun

Good night everyone, I am studying and developing an application for testing. and basically consists of a text box a button to create a directory with the name that is typed in the text box.
and a camera that takes a picture and saves it in the same directory.

I need the photos to be created inside this folder, that every time the text changes and creates a new directory the photos go there.

my print Screen

thanks for all hope

Hi @Ricardo_Maranduba
Are you facing any issue?
If then please share it with us.

hi use 3 text boxes, and one of them is assigned next to a join block to name a directory. right after taking the photo using the camera save these photos in the same directory created. it would be like that. rest box 1 receives a value, I assign that value as part of the URL to create a directory, and right after saving photos in that created directory! every time i enter a new value text box 1 will create a new directory! where photos will be saved again

You can use Move method of File component and move file to desired directory.

Thanks for you help
could you show a use of this move component to me i’m new to and i’m trying to learn. could show a functional block.

Hi @Ricardo_Maranduba
I would like to say you two things:
1.If you want to notify people about your post then either tag him/him or simply reply to his/her previous post.
2.You can look at docs for more information about File component and its usage.Also a quick search in community can give you a lot of blocks related to file component.

what about using the Small Camera Extension by Juan Antonio to save the taken picture in a directory of your choice

see also the extensions directory here App Inventor Extensions | Pura Vida Apps
Taifun

1 Like

Just a tip: In english we use to say screenshot instead of print screen. Some people won’t understand if you use print screen hehe
About your question, I would answer but reading the comments I believe it was already answered by the others members.

2 Likes

He is already using this extension.

I don’t know exactly where your problem is. So describe it in detail:

and post the results of “Do it” (connect to Companion, right mouse click: Do it):

A duplicate to this topic?

thank you @bodymindpower, I now merged the 2 threads

@Ricardo_Maranduba, please do not create duplicate posts… as you might realize yourself, this is wasted time for everyone… therefore creating duplicates might get you suspended from the community next time… thank you for your kind understanding…

Taifun

4 Likes