Text On a Canvas

Hello, I would like to write text for a game.
on the canvas: setting, time …

I have managed to do it but I am left behind the image that I use as wallpaper and the letters are not visible.

Any idea?

Thank you!!

Please show what you have tried. Did you search the community? You have a reading time of 1 minute.

2 Likes

If I have been searching thoroughly without success.

And I’m still at it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Show your blocks and images for this please.

1 Like

When I first tried putting a background image on the canvass and adding text it didn’t work - I could only see the background image but not the text.

I refreshed the companion screen a few and it suddenly worked.

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for your answers. And sorry for the little information I gave when explaining my problem.

I will learn :slight_smile:

As you can see, I use an Image Sprite as a background to be able to move it at different speeds than the ground and achieve a Parallax effect.

My problem is that the text is hidden behind the Image Sprite that I use as a background.

In the last photo, when making that image invisible, the Text appears there.

Any ideas??

Thank you very much for your help and interest.

Yes the text is written on the background. If you have a imagesprite in front it can not be seen. So you have to change the way you display the parallax effect.

Maybe this can help

2 Likes

Change the Z values as required.

Edit: Scratch that, follow Peter’s advice.

1 Like

Set the blue sky as the background of the canvas, this will be static. The rest can be sprites. So you can write in the sky as you want.

3 Likes

All right!!

I will reduce the image by 15 pixels in height and make the canvas blue so that I can make the text visible.
Thank you.

1 Like

Maybe you can show the end result. I like the way your app looks.

2 Likes

Se puede poner un vídeo corto??

Translated:
Can you put a short video ??

1 Like

Maybe you can upload a video to youtube and post the link here.

1 Like

Many thanks!!

I will post a video soon !!

3 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.