Signing an AAB file tutorial

Hello everyone!
I have prepared a guide for signing AAB files

• Step 1: Sign in to the Google play console and create a new version of your application.

• Step 2: We now need to sign up for the Play app signing program, so click on opt-in.

• Step 3: Now select the second option (Export and upload a key from Java keystore) and download the PEPK tool.

• Step 4: Download the Keystore of your application from Kodular.

• Step 5: Copy the following code and paste it into the text editor:

java -jar ==Path to pepk.jar== --keystore===Path to keystore== --alias===Enter the alias here, usually applications built in Kodular should have the alias: androidkey== --output===The path to export the private key file (what needs to be uploaded to Play App Signing) It should be a zip file!== --encryptionkey===Enter the sequel here (this is already entered in what you copied from the Play App Signing)==

• Step 6: Now replace the highlighted text with the one for you. In the line: ==Enter the sequel here (this is already entered in what you copied from the Play App Signing)== Replace with the code you will see in the Play App Signing:

• Step 7: Once you have filled in all the details copy all and paste in terminal, then press enter, now you will be asked to enter the password for store, for applications built in Kodular the password should be ==android==
    You will then be asked to enter the password for the key- this too should be ==android== (in applications built in Kodular)

• Step 8: If you did everything right then you will see a new zip file in the path where you instructed to export the file.
    Upload this file to the Play app signing.

• Step 9: Now export your application (from Kodular) as an aab file and you can upload it in the new version
    And thatโ€™s it! You can now upload aab files!

13 Likes

thank you very helpful

1 Like

Youโ€™re welcome
Iโ€™m glad I helped you :slightly_smiling_face:

that was really helpful guide.thank you

1 Like

Nice guide yaar. โ€ฆ

1 Like

Hello , I did everything you said and generated upload zip file and I uploaded

And clicked on update but still not showing option to add bundle

Help me with this

1 Like

Looks like youโ€™re uploading a new app, try signing in again with this template:

java -jar Path to pepk.jar --keystore=Path to keystore --alias=Enter the alias here, usually applications built in Kodular should have the alias: androidkey --output=The path to export the private key file (what needs to be uploaded to Play App Signing) It should be a zip file! --include-cert --encryptionkey=Enter the sequel here (this is already entered in what you copied from the Play App Signing)

I have a question
What is the benefit of signing an aab file?

1 Like

What could be the problem if the โ€œandroidโ€ password for the key is not correct?

An error occurs on the command line โ€œError: Unable to export or encrypt the private key
java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrectโ€

I want to note that the password for store is correct.

The Keystore or path to the Keystore you entered appears to be incorrect

I entered a wrong alias. Now everything worked out. Thank you for this guide!

1 Like

Please, could you explain deep where I can obtain the path to pepk.jar or path to keystore. I understand that the path to export the private key file is a folder in my computer choosen for me, donยดt I?

I dont know where I can download the keystore from kodular. I do not see this option in the menu.

If you could explain in more detail, for dummies, I would appreciate it very much

1 Like

You can find the path to a file or folder as follows:
On a Mac: Right-click the file and click Get Info. Then copy the path:

(After copying the path you will need to add the /file name)

In Windows:
Right-click the file and Copy as path

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for your help @Point and @bodymindpower . I will try to do it.

1 Like

I managed to do it, and now I would like to add here the details in case it can be useful to someone else. I put the file in download folder from users directory. You can put it where you wish.

java -jar C:\Users\name_your_user\Desktop\pepk.jar --keystore=C:\Users\name_your_user\Desktop\android.keystore --alias=androidkey --output=C:\Users\name_your_user\Downloads\name_file.zip --encryptionkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx is obtained copying from google play app signing.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I have another doubt. Could I use the same signing key file for all my apps?

Thanks

It seems so:
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/45865/am-i-supposed-to-generate-a-new-keystore-for-every-app/

But I think the Aab signature is different for each application