Unity Ads causes app crashes

After updating my app on 15th September I received around 600 app crashes and after a process of elimination I have found it to be caused by the Unity Ads intersitial component. Someone else has also mentioned that Admob may be causing issues.

This is the crash error:
Capture

I believe it could be due to certain permissions that are required for the ad services to be used.

Let me know if anything else is needed or if this is not the place to mention this. Thank you.

I also use unity ads but my app didn’t crash

Did you got those reports from Google Play console account ???

Yes from the Google Play Console

Dear friend, Can you provide me apk ? :slight_smile:

Well, I have removed the unity ads a few updates ago and completely changed the app so the crash does not occur anymore.

The crashes stopped after only removing the unity ads component.

Is there any update from the staff on this? I don’t mind waiting at all, I have removed ads for now and can wait for as long as needed just checking if this issue is actually caused by unity ads and not something that can be fixed on my end.

Can you provide Apk file so we an explore crash reports from logcat

1 Like

I do not have the apk that caused the crash, should I just add the unity ads back in and then give that?

Here is the report from Google play:

java.lang.SecurityException:
at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull (Parcel.java:2385)
at android.os.Parcel.createException (Parcel.java:2369)
at android.os.Parcel.readException (Parcel.java:2352)
at android.os.Parcel.readException (Parcel.java:2294)
at com.android.internal.telephony.ITelephony$Stub$Proxy.getNetworkTypeForSubscriber (ITelephony.java:8762)
at android.telephony.TelephonyManager.getNetworkType (TelephonyManager.java:3706)
at android.telephony.TelephonyManager.getNetworkType (TelephonyManager.java:3670)
at com.unity3d.services.core.connectivity.ConnectivityMonitor.connectionStatusChanged (ConnectivityMonitor.java:162)
at com.unity3d.services.core.connectivity.ConnectivityNetworkCallback.onCapabilitiesChanged (ConnectivityNetworkCallback.java:48)
at android.net.ConnectivityManager$NetworkCallback.onAvailable (ConnectivityManager.java:3793)
at android.net.ConnectivityManager$CallbackHandler.handleMessage (ConnectivityManager.java:4073)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:246)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run (HandlerThread.java:67)

Can I see your blocks/aia?

I have also faced this problem…

This is the problem of Kodular…

I have tried looking into this issue and it is recreated with a few of my apps. As soon as Unity is added the java.lang.SecurityException crash occurs. I think it may be due to something with ‘getNetworkType’. I will try to test this but my test phones do not crash and I only use test mode so it may not be the same.

This link seems to explain it:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/building-with-android-11-results-in-runtime-crash.920309/

1 Like

Application Crash is only when you download from playstore, when you build to apk and direct install to your phone, there is no crash even you are using unity ads, its only for android sdk 30, lower than sdk 30 my app is ok from playstore

1 Like