Vertical alignment in label and textbox bug

Describe your issue

The vertical alignment of the label (or TextBox) text is incorrectly render in companion / app.

Steps to reproduce the issue

Add two buttons to screen. Set their width to fill parent. Add a label between the buttons and set the following properties: width and height to fill parent, font bold: true, font size: 90, Text: 0 and text alignment: centre.

The same behaviour is repeated if you replace the label with a textbox and same property values for size, font and text.

Expected Behaviour

The text"0" should be entered between the two buttons.

Actual Behaviour

Using a label:
The text “0” is not centred and is placed at the top, nearer to the top button. (in emulator / apk). in designer, is located overlapping the top button.

Using a textbox:
The text “0” is not centred and is placed at the top, nearer to the top button. (in emulator / apk). in designer, however, is entered correctly.

Images

Designer - label        Designer - TextBox

Emulator - Label.              Emulator - TextBox

Android version

Marshmallow and Lollipop, device and emulator.

AIA Files

HelloToast-2.aia (1.6 KB)
HelloToast.aia (1.6 KB)
HelloToast.apk (4.6 MB)

I hope this is not a bug
Try changing the screen properties
Change alignment of screen to center , you have only made alignment of text centered, not for the label

1 Like

You may mark me the solution as it will help others with same issue and also change category to discuss

Changing screen properties doesn’t make any difference. so I re-opened the issue.

We don’t have vertical alignment choice for label or textbox but you can make use of vertical or horizontal arrangement and add your label or textbox to it

HelloToastLabel.aia (1.7 KB)
HelloToastTextbox.aia (1.7 KB)

As long as it looks good on companion/apk I wouldn’t bother about designer since you don’t get 100% representation on it (roughly 85-90)

/Boban