Why Kodular not Updating to API 33?

You are telling people to be worried, but there will be no updates after November 1. There is no 1 year for this. November 1 son day. If he had not updated the code until now, all his efforts would have been in vain. Do you care about the investments made and the money spent? That’s why I’m worried.

1 Like

No.

No.

No.

If your app is currently targeting SDK 31, nothing will happen after November 1st, 2023. Your app will be available in the Play Store for all devices / Android version (with API >= minTargetSdk - default minSdk = 21, AFAIK). However, if your app is still targeting SDK 30, then it will no longer be available in the Play Store from November 2023 on devices with API 31+.

So there is no reason to panic here!

2 Likes

Here’s another scientist! you wrote: “However, if your app is still targeting SDK 30, it will no longer be available in the Play Store as of November 2023 on devices with API 31+.”
So what does it mean??? that my app is useless!
can you explain to me what is the point of an app that is not available in the playstore for devices with API 31+?? it is not needed! it is screwed because it will not be available for new devices but only for a part. Is this how you do programming you??? i.e. you create apps and you don’t care what devices they will or won’t work on?! ahahahah that’s ridiculous as hell!
Then, don’t propose low value alternatives like MIT! it sucks! i tried it, it’s not even capable of supporting localStorage sessions! it can’t handle them! and that’s just 1 of the many problems MIT has! either way if one has a problem and is looking for answers, it’s not smart people to propose anything else! it’s like if i buy an iphone, it breaks, i go to the apple store, and they tell me “buy an android” ahahahahah come on don’t make me laugh!

1 Like

It looks like you don’t understand…

Is your app targeting SDK31 i.e. did you build your app in the last year and upload it to Google Play?

In case of yes, then

In case of no, upload it now using the old target SDK31 (after extending the deadline)

Taifun

2 Likes

For those who are panicking about that, here again a useful link to read

So basically, if you don’t update your app after two years Google will stop showing it to anyone with a newer device than the target SDK dictates, effectively soft-delisting it from the Play Store, unless developers put in the effort to update to the latest SDK regularly

Taifun

Oh so this is the reason why I couldn’t find Kodular Companion on Play Store in Android 13.

No, it should be available in the Play Store - including for Android 13 - if it targets SDK 31. And the current version does this. So there must be another reason why the Companion APK is currently not available there.

1 Like

Ok and if my app is targeting SDK31, and the upgrade to SDK33 by kodular happens AFTER Nov 1, 23, will I be able to change and upgrade the app AFTER that?

No you will not update it.

1 Like

Yes of course.

To be more precise: Yes, but then (after Nov 1, 2023) only if Kodular finally provides the update that targets SDK 33.

So, only 25 days remaining.
please Kodular do the UPDATE .
please.

1 Like

Or if they do not provide an update in October you always can adjust the manifest accordingly… however this solution does not fix the behavioral changes

Taifun

my app is already removed so I want to update it to target SDK 33 I would like to know the exact date for when SDK 33 will be ready.

1 Like

Hi. @Kodular we are need know when have sdk 33 please.
People, we are have need move this topics. Come on!

1 Like

I asked on discord and was answered: The update with target SDK 33 will come soon.
But they couldn’t tell me when. I will wait until October 25. If nothing comes I will switch to thunkable

1 Like

Already tried thunkable , its not good. Only few components are available there . Nitron is rather good. But we want Kodular only. Long live kodular. DO THE UPDATE GUYS

3 Likes

They should at least tell us when the update will arrive. Currently, a new application created with codes cannot be published on Google Play.

They said that the update will come out in the following weeks. Check out their Discord server.

in this October still no update about exactly date for API 33 Kodular will publish

1 Like

I’m also waiting for the SDK33 update. Reading a bit in various posts they say that the update will be imminent.

@pavi2410

1 Like