Adding Privacy Policy

Thank you i have found out how to do it more or less.

I am just trying to figure out how to close the app if someone hits decline or cancel now, but i am almost finished with this app.

Thank you very much

Edit

Ok so i have tried this for the decline button of the privacy policy but the companion says that “Close Form” it is not currently supported in development.

So i am not 100% sure this is correct but it does not show any errors in the code
Please anyone with more experience will this work as i hope.
Thank you

Hello @bertiectozer

1. There is no use of this block. I don’t know why you have use it

2. Use the compare text block from the Text section of the block editor instead of the green ‘=’ block

Hello
I am sorry can you give me a screenshot example please.
When i test this, it works, well the notice shows that it was declined but it seems that the only part that does not work perfectly is the the close app which does not work in the development mode.
I have tested it and it seems to work ok for now, I will test it again when i create the .apk

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Bro if your problem was solve to give solution to him @Vaibhav

Hello
Thank you very much
I have tried it both ways and both ways work but with the notifier you get a little declined notifier after the app is closed.
I have tested this with the .apk as well and it works well and closes the app.
@Vaibhav Your way works as well but it does not show the declined notifier when the app is closed.
So it all depends on how you would like to do this i suppose.

Thank you very much for all your help.

I think, there is no meaning of showing an alert at the place where the choice of the user would lead to closure of the app and after that the user have to start from the beginning again.

What I believe is alerts should only be shown when for example there is mistake in entering email or password by the user. The same can also be shown to notify the status of any action. (example would be showing an alert as Data uploaded successfully! or Data upload failed! after uploading data to some online DB).In this case user can try other available options while the app is still running.

But in your case, as said earlier, the app would directly be closed once the user declines. So its meaningless to show the user his/her choice(and that also which he/she has purposely made) as an alert!

This is what I think or believe but your plans may be different and if you are happy with it, then go for it :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much
I do understand you point but i like the way it is now with the notifier once i have finished i will upload the apk and all the code so people can try it out and tell me how bad of a coder i am LOL.
I found last night my Motorola Moto X Play (new) was still on android 5.5 lol wondered why nothing was working as it should have been, now upgraded to 7.1.1 things work so much better I only seem to have on bug I can find on my app but that is for another topic.
Thank you very much again for all your help.

No he doesn’t need to use compare, it’s fine the way it was.

1 Like

Yes its perfectly fine if its working.
I generally tend to use the compare text while performing any operation on text.

But its indivisual choice though :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.