[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

You should use the extra functions for that with code like `someVar = val0 :: pass
Edit: PM me your AIA file, I will check along with others’

Please look at some examples @Victor_Ken .

I need To wait 24 hours and delete specipic firebase value, is it possible with this extension? can you show me a block example if you can? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I trieI saw some example and tried to do the same, but i didn’t succeed.
What I want is exactly and send my lat and long every 30 seconds to the firebase!

How To set Alarm At 12.00 pm?

This may help you to understand atleast 50%

1 Like

Hi Guys :wave:
I will be away from the community for some time (or maybe longer) to concentrate on my other projects.
The extension version 4.0 is almost completed, but I have paused the development for some time.

Tharusha Thishkya, to set an alarm check this post for an example.
And Victor_ken, please go through all the posts ( :pray) it may be difficult, but doable, there are some examples.

I daily get a lot of messages and replies on this topic, I cannot be all-time here.

2 Likes

We are looking forward to version 4.0, thanks for everything I miss so far. Take your time to launch it with good documentation so you avoid questions.
Good luck in your projects
Again thank you very much.

2 Likes

@Xoma I have tried everything and have not been able to get the clock to activate, as there are not many tutorials in my country so this doesn’t help much for those just starting out.

If someone can help me and tell me where I went wrong I would be grateful.

FirebaseDemo (1).aia (478,6,KB)

Hi, that isn’t working because you are calling the function Id “Initialize” when the timer starts, instead create a function that invokes the property current location and then in firebase store value, you replace with MakeExtra block calling “invoke:result”.

I was able to change the storage, but I got stuck on the “invoke function” part, I guess I must have changed the name to “Extra Function”, but I’m still a little confused, there are not many examples that use this bloc.

@Victor_Ken which android version are you using ?

Samsung s9 +
Android 10

Does location sensor component work in companion ? Are you able to get location i.e lat and lon in app ?

It won’t work in android 11 if it work for anyone then please guide me how

@Victor_Ken If it won’t work in app how will it run in background

Yes, by using the companion normally I can get the lat and long of my device.

It works, I imagine, and all you have to do is know how to do it the right way. For me it’s being a little more difficult because there is no video tutorial in my country for better understanding. And as the extension does not work in the companion, I have to keep exporting the APK to know if it worked or not.

1 Like

How I make this?

Hi, this is my code, it works on a S6 Android 7.0 but not on an S10 Android 10, Can anyone give me a help?
This program captures the Latitude and Longitude and sends it to my PC by UDP.

In Android 10 after a few seconds of inactivity I have noticed that the GPS icon is removed from the top bar and the sensor stops capturing changes.
I want to take this opportunity to say hello and thank the programmer of this AIX.

Yeah, that’s because Android 10 and above need additional things to be done to track the location of the user. Since it’s not a priority for the extension, I cant do anything.

For Android 10 and above, consider using the Location extension by Taifun.

Yeah, but for the dictionary thing, you have to use an external extension for that.

1 Like

Hi
Sorry if this is a stupid question :neutral_face:
Can I use this to make my app start automatically when my phone boots up?
If it can, could you show me some sample blocks?
Thank you.