Error in Web.GotText event

I always fall in the black arrow else (Mail or password wrong!), what are i’m doing wrong in the red rectangle?

May i know the reason for using that contains text = true ? I don’t think it is needed one, because if the response code is 200 then it is confirmed that password is correct .

I dont know how to do it right, its my 1st app… i need a a way to test if the email and password are correct, and notify if they are not…

what is the response content in this case?
to find it out, you might want to display the response conten in a label…

generally use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
PS: I moved your new question into a new thread…

1 Like

Response Content “is the return of your script”.
Your Script returns what?
True? False? “Yes” ? “not” ? Any error messages? 0 ? 1 ?

So , based on your return ( response content of your script ) you create your logic with the IF blocks
Response Code ( look at the link )

Ok. With these blocks:

i got this:

and the mysql code is:

How can i fix this?

There are a few solutions.
Explaining superficially,
This function is deprecated.
And there is setting to enable or not.

Then better read tutorial available in our community first, look multiple similar posts, then you will get an idea where data or code need to be changed. Simple

So guys, i found a text that says, the only thing i need to do was to remove every mention of this function and not replace with anuthing else. So now my mysql code have this face (img) and i got this error (img2).

I really know you are all trying to help me and I am so grateful for that. But I work all day and have other obligations besides work, and my deadline for this project is ticking. I really need your help a lot.
Thank you very much in advance.

Select * from usuario …or
Select Count(*) from usuario…

But, it depends on your goal.

Ty all guys, in particular to @Rogerio_Rios. Now i can connect. I saw in your piece of code that the expression Select Count(*) from, in my code was incorrect in the spacing. I had

Select Count (*) from…


Select Count(*) from…

Now its working, and i go to try to make an insert, and search with select.


1- Tip: always read error messages carefully. :+1:
2- Tip: when creating a command, do some research on the syntax of that command.:+1:


1 Like

Oookkk thanks to you!!!