Exoplayer about 10 or 15 minutes the application closes when the screen turns off

See also here:

4 Likes

It’s nice that there exist a library version which contains bug fixes.
The bad thing:
All new exoplayer lib versions use android x.

We still dont use android x.
Means we can not use the newest lib from exoplayer.

3 Likes

Which means we have to wait until Kodular targets Android Q (API 29):
compileSdkVersion = 29
targetSdkVersion = 29

True? If so, when will that happen?

No.
This have nothing to do with this.
Iam talking about “Android X” as library system.

We still use android support libs.

Ok, thanks.

Are you planning to use the new AndroidX library?
Or is there any other solution for the ExoPlayer? It would be a shame if it could no longer be used. Because it is currently completely unusable.

4 Likes

@Kodular it might be a good idea to add the version into the documentation for the exo player component as well as for other components, which use other libraries…

Taifun

7 Likes

Humm, there’s no way to do it without tricks
I’ll think about something by this week

6 Likes

Yes, good idea, but unfortunately that doesn’t solve the problem … :sob:

3 Likes

but it will reduce detective work for the next time… :wink:
Taifun

8 Likes

And use version 2.9.6? I think it’s the last one without androidX. I don’t know if it would solve the problem.

5 Likes

Yes, there were many bugfixes between version 2.8.2 and 2.9.6, maybe one of them fixes this problem. ExoPlayer/RELEASENOTES.md at release-v2 · google/ExoPlayer · GitHub

3 Likes

This problem is related to the doze mode of Android 6 and later
Please do and test what you said in this video carefully
لطفا کارهایی که توی این ویدیو گفته رو با دقت انجام بدید وتست کنید

Hi.
There already exist a topic about it.
Please search first. Thank you

Hi @bodymindpower,
Could you describe the problem better? With player component or @Taifun player extension the song go always in loop, if we use some chinese devices?

Thank you in advice.

PS: I’m asking about it because I want to switch from Exoplayer, and I want to know if the player component and taifun player works good.

I have posted on these questions several times, see e.g. here:

1 Like

See here from my 3rd link:

Note: The Player component does not loop seamlessly since Android 6. The TaifunPlayer does not loop gaplessly on specific Chinese devices (OnePlus, Xiaomi, …) anymore. (Finally I found the reason for this: these manufacturers fade out audio tracks with a length ≥ 30000ms for 165ms, which creates the gap.)

I wrote to OnePlus and explained this issue and we are still in discussion about it.

2 Likes

can you type me the code you use in set activity starter1 action because my app stop after streaming for 15 mins when using taifun and exoplayer. i really need help on this

Which device & Android version are you using?