How to limit access to the app?

Hi everyone, I’m creating a private app for business purposes.
I’m going crazy trying to give access to the application only to certain authorized device IDs.
If I take the ID at startup and list the authorized IDs in the app, it works without problems, so if a device ID does not match, the app closes automatically.
My problem is remoting this list of authorized IDs.
I created a json file with the list of IDs but I cannot tell the app to load that file from the url where it is located and continue only if the ID of the device that opened the app corresponds to one of those in the remote file list.
This is because if we have to prevent a person from continuing to use it one day we can block it by removing its device ID from the remote list and the app closes it.
Do you have any idea?

Hello,

Does your app have a login interface?

You can use Firebase to store the device IDs then when the app open, it checks if the device ID is in the list and also store it on the device in case the user try to open the app without internet.

2 Likes

as @bogelin347 shows a way, follow that and use network checker if internet connected then let user use app, else close, and if device id not is in list( list of authorized users) then call firebase or any data base to store that id, and set a status for that user, in value, if you want to block then change status of value to block, and on app start also use a checker if device id status is block then show notification and close app.

1 Like

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

see also How to download a file and save it on your device

Taifun