How to show or hide title bar according to screen scroll position

hello developers,

i am trying to hide title bar when screen scroll down and show title bar when scroll up. For now i am using ScrollHandler extension. But i cant figure it out how to implement it. if you have any solution to do this then it will be a great help for me.

there is a block named - VerticalScrollHandler1.ScrollChanged.
when i scroll down scrollY value increases and if i scroll up then the scrollY value decreases.

what i want to do is if value decreases, titlebar will be visible and if value increases title bar will be hidden. so if you have any idea or suggestion about how to do this then pls share…

Thank you.

App screenshot -

6 Likes

I am interested to know this beacause i have also felt this experience in many professional apps.

3 Likes

Can you send me the link of the extension ? (I don’t find it) I think i can do it

3 Likes

this is the extension download page link - Scroll Arrangement Handlers (v2+) · Appinventor/Thunkable Extensions

4 Likes

Thanks ! I will try tomorrow

3 Likes

any progress on this topic? @Franck_G28 did you find any solution or a way to show and hide titlebar

2 Likes

this is important. i will also like this feature

2 Likes

Try to use these two blocks

And inside them use native show/hide title bar blocks

2 Likes

this block is called after you reach to the screen bottom or top and then trying to scroll up and down. i need on scroll event.

2 Likes

What does that scrollY variable contains???

1 Like

numbers from 0 to depend on the scroll height. there must be a way to use that scrollY feature to make this happen.

2 Likes

If it contain negative numbers to determine the scroll direction then inside if else by comparing scrollY logical we may directly use native title bar show/hide blocks

I currently can’t do practical as my exams are going on sorry for that

as i mentioned before. and if it provides negative and positive numbers according to scroll up and down then its very easy to make this… but there is no negative numbers. only positive from 0 to up

When drag our finger upward scrollY will increase and that we can compare by ‘<’ and ‘>’ and when we scroll down scrollY will decrease thus we may compare 2 scrollY and use less than and greater than to show/hide title bar by native blocks

2 Likes

Will be no so smooth

/Boban

4 Likes

You want something like this

/Boban

Yes, it’s work, but it’s like @Boban
But i still have some little problems sometimes.

ScrollableNavbar.apk (4,1 Mo)

ScrollableNavbar.aia (28,0 Ko)

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the help… ill try and let you know…

1 Like

its working but there is kind of glitch on title bar when i try to scroll up or down. i understand its not a final solution but i wish kodular team will add this feature in future update.

i request Mr @Diego to kindly consider this for next update if possible.

3 Likes

Nice work , @techcvr was right???

1 Like