I can't find how to solve this after Play Store rejected my app

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hi… @Lily… you used any texting component or Calling function…

I tried this way as @Peter said.but play console didn’t accept

But it’s 100% working way . no one found issue @msr79526

1 Like

Question… Why are you getting the device name, ID, serial number and IMEI number of the device being used? Is there a reason you need to identify the exact device being used? It feels like WAY too much information needed for a church app. I have to track devices for my company app and I don’t gather that much information.

1 Like

Hello @GaryH according to our country there are so many rules for company to be registered and all people who are registered in the company they should be recognized in everything in case there are some bad things be done then there should be a thoroughly followup.

Okay, but you are grabbing at least 4 identifying pieces of information about the device being used. I’m unfamiliar with the rules in your country, but it feels like overkill. IMEI is unique to a device, so is the serial number. The device ID can change on a factory reset, and the device name can be changed at any time (Heck I’ve changed half of them on the tablets I track). All I was saying is that it seems like more data than you actually need, and some of it is probably not very useful.

1 Like

Yes @Alapjeet I have used all these texting component.

Ok @GaryH I understand but do you think that is the reason why Google play jects my app?

Let me try it

Use the method Boban replied you @Lily…
It’s easy to use…

1 Like

Not necessarily. I thought they were paying closer attention to certain permissions like the ones needed to collect that information. Looking at the other responses it may just be a mismatch between what you have indicated the app does and the permissions requested. I’d need more info and it looks like @Alapjeet is already helping.

You can’t even create an app with Kodular to be Default SMS handler but you declared it to be

2 Likes

I got this result
Issue: Violation of Permissions policy
After reviewing your app, we found that it doesn’t qualify to use the requested permissions for the following reason(s):

• Requested permissions do not match core functionality of the app You declared Default Assistant handler (and any other core functionality usage while default handler), Account verification via phone call as the core functionality of your app. However, after review, we found that your app does not match the declared use case(s). Learn more about permitted uses and exceptions.Please either:
    • Make changes to your app so that it meets the requirements of the declared core functionality or,
    • Select a use case that matches your app’s functionality
      Next steps: Submit your app for another review
  1. Make appropriate changes to your app based on the information provided above. For additional help, you can review the Permissions policy and the Play Console Help Center article, which describes intended uses, exceptions, invalid uses, and alternative options for use of Call Log or SMS permissions.

1. Make sure that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies. Additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy violations.
  2. Go to your Play Console and submit the update to your app.
    If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel our decision may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team.
    Please help us improve the developer experience by completing this two question survey.
1 Like

Is your app having call component

No.I use activity starter

1 Like

So why they reject your app

I think if your are using activity starter, then you don’t need to declare this, because with activity starter you are redirecting the user to dialer and now it’s user wish if they want to use the dialer or not. Your app is not forcing them to call or use other dialer functionality. Hence it has no meaning to declare this about your app.

This is my point of view, other replies may differ.

Before you have to fill in declaration form what permissions are listed

1 Like