Implementing ChatView with firebase database has error in multiline message

I’m implementing from @Choofa in his tutorial here , I am very happy and grateful for this tutorial to using chatview with firebase databae , I have tried it and it worked well, then I tried to give unusual input in the form of multiline in the Text Input Box by typing 1 character and then enter and add 1 more character,
after the send button is pressed, the CSV list error notification comes out expecting to input 1 line but I give multiline.
like the screen shoot below.
ss

It will happen when in Text box input have multiline character are detected,
I trying find the possible way to prevent this for happening .

Maybe anyone can give advise for this issue

Thanks

Did you set global direktor to empty box before getting the value in the fireDB Data chabged?

What is happening if you not add that list from csv ro text?

I create empty list first

It cannot, because the message store in firebase database has format to detect the index of the message

Ok, instead of using empty text box try to add create empty list then try

I have Already,

No. I mean within the Data Changed block

You mean I declare again an empty list in Data Changed?

yes, just try, i am not sure but it may work…

You mean like this?

Screenshot_3

Ok, I understand … I will Try, but maybe better you know the format of firebase look like this

Single line string in index , my logical if I put the multiline in Textbox it will become error again for “list from csv row text”

but anyway I’ll try your suggestion

As your suggestion

Not work still error
sss

If I give text like this " this is no problem because this is only one row" it will become Ok
but if I give Text box input with
one
two
three
it will become error because “LIST FROM CSV ROW TEXTS” it must be one row not multiple row

The firebase database become like this

There you are. Found the mistake. Your Firebase is storing the values as row but you are trying to select by considering it as a list. You cannot use select list item list.

So one thing use replace all text \ and split text at / by 5 and try

Yea I try
like this

If this is not working mean, final attempt,

Please try to send data to firebase in single line.

To do this, add this block in when text on changed and check in firebase whether it is sending as single line or not. If it is sending as single line mean no problem. You know then how to proceed

IMG_20210422_225750

It work the error disappear , but Chat view format SENDER true & False become error also text format become strange / unsuitable

like this
ssss

Anyway I will keep trying … for best result

If single line it’s not problem it always ok, but behavior change if you give the carriage return character in this case \n , if you have messenger like whatsapp or anything. it is possible to put message like this

This
is
the

You know what I mean ?

Ok. However refer this readmande guide on chat. view+ firebase component

You will get an idea and It may solve your problem

Yup I will Try, Thanks For Your Time

Look like they have same problem :grin: