Interface deficiencies

When trying to set a color, the color picker sets the alpha of the color chosen to 0 by default. Why?
The standard EVERYWHERE is to set the alpha to the maximum and let the user lower it IF he/she wants some transparency.

2 Likes

Also, when dragging the color pickers, either the main top one or the sliders under the main one, if for some reason the pointer goes out of the dragging area, the selector gets stuck there.
That is very annoying, specially in the sliders where the dragging area is very narrow and almost always the pointer gets out of the way.

2 Likes

When selecting the width or height of the components, Where are the options for percentage and pixels?

2 Likes

Hello, welcome again!

1. You should put everything in the main post instead of adding in comments

2. Something similar happens to me with the color picker, it is probably a small error overlooked

1 Like

Type px or % after the number

1 Like

I’m creating the posts as I test the interface. I don’t see any problem with separating them.

1 Like

How is people supposed to know that? Specially when all the other builders, allow to select that from a drop down?

1 Like

I’ll just say you can edit the post often that you find something 💁🏻‍♂

1 Like

Well, that’s one way to do things. I prefer this way. Thank you.

1 Like

I think at least 92% of users read the notes of the version of the constructor used

You can also configure whether to use px or percentage by default in the new Settings menu

3 Likes

People who is starting using a builder for the first time may be.
But in my case I’ve been using App Inventor since 2011, that is something not much needed. I don’t really see a reason to hide stuff and make people guess it.
But anyways I did what you suggested and checked the documentation. It’s mostly UNDER CONSTRUCTION: So checking there, is not very helpful.

Where’s that Settings menu you mention?

1 Like

Each builder is very different from each other

The Settings menu is on the button with the Account icon (In the Constructor)

1 Like

Not really. I know them all, I’ve been helping in some forums for a long time now. The only one that have this particular setting when choosing the components sizing is Kodular.

1 Like

Follow Release Notes and you will find it there!

2 Likes

I was unable to reproduce this issue. For me, it’s working exactly how it should be.

Can’t reproduce this one too. May I know what browser you are using. For best compatibility, I would suggest you to use Chrome.

You need to suffix the value with either px or %. I know this is irritating sometimes and that’s why there’s an option to set percentages values as default in the Settings.
Screenshot_20190903-090814_1_1
You can access the settings by clicking the account icon the top right corner.

5 Likes

@Vishwas Please look into that and make the default to 100 instead of 0.

1 Like

Well, it’s already 100 by default for me. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

When I tried it in the past I got the same issue like @Italo

I use chrome.

1 Like

Can you try it now? It seems to be working fine.

2 Likes

Crazy… Now it works for me too…

4 Likes