Responsive Screen Sizing

Yes that is correct. Because the other has a bigger screen it will be able to show a bigger letter. If the other has a smaller screen then the font will be smaller.

2 Likes

Great idea thanks for the help!

1 Like

Not my original idea but i use it a lot in my apps.

1 Like

Majority of the phones are 360dp however, there are phones with odd sizes, such as width size 540dp, 480dp, 384dp

Edit, Damn forgot Peter’s phone size 411dp

7 Likes

@Peter do you think http://screensiz.es/ would be of any use to figure out their 411?

It is density that determines that, Peter has either 2.6 or 3.5
bild

4 Likes

They didn’t add the Pixel 3/XL or Pixel 4/XL and it’s their own phone :expressionless:

1 Like

How to automatically adjust the dpi of an image?

Hi Peter, I am struggling here to ajust font size accordig to the size of screen. My problem is a little different because I need the text to have 90% the width of the screen. But your procedures gave me some ideas that I will work on as soon as possible.

That said, let me ask you one thing: If the result of fontresponsive procedure is not a natural number, what happens? I mean, the font size can be a not integer number, as 24.568? Or would it cause some bug?
I know it is a very silly question, feel free not to answer, but my phone is not working and due to this f****ing pandemia I can’t fix it, so I have to work without live testing or compiling the apk.
If the android system can’t work on not integers numbers for font size I will try to create a procedure that convert the number generated into the closest integer number.

I use this procedure in all my apps. There is no problem with the decimals

1 Like

It’s no different to setting vertical arrangement height to a percentage of screen height. If the screen height is 2160 pixels and you set the height to 12% it comes to 259.2 pixels which is obviously nonsense. I think Android OS will take care of it and round it.

1 Like

Font size has nothing to do with screen sizes.
Font size depends on the phone pixel density which varies from phone to phone.:point_down:

I suggest you to follow this method :point_down:
Screenshot_2020_0504_060547
If you want to set same size for all labels then instead of so many blocks, you can use “any Label” component.

2 Likes

Thanks, my friend. I will work with these procedures for now whithou bigger worries.

I suggest you to follow this method :point_down:

Very interesting to know it. I didn’t understand very well but I will read more about it and test with different phones when I can. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Actually, the system is already taking care of that by default in responsive mode, so no need to do this.

As far I remember it was you who actually suggested this method

1 Like

Maybe to find out how big the font size will be however, as I can’t recall that can you post a link where I stated that.

1 Like

In none of those post have I stated those blocks you posted

You proposed the concept of of screen density

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.