Super Cyclone Amphan

The super cyclone is here. To everyone in affected areas, stay inside, stay calm and stay safe.
My own city is almost directly in the path of the cyclone with the maximum to hit at 7 PM IST. It has been raining steadily since the morning, and it’s very stormy right now.
I might be unreachable for an indefinite period of time due to possible power or network issues.
Regardless, happy koding!

7 Likes

I hope same for you.
Take care of yourself and your family.
I hope and pray to God to end all pandemics very soon.

4 Likes

Stay safe …

5 Likes

The power just went out, as expected. Popping in here one last time before going offline.

Thank you everyone, will stay safe. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Stay safe everyone… We will manage this together…
:heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:
:hugs: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Stay safe! :heart:

2 Likes

Oh thanks for this topic, just few hours ago we faced in Balasore district India, and now all stable.

2 Likes

Odisha got lucky this time. The landfall was much closer to my city. :sweat_smile:

The eye passed about an hour ago (and man it’s eerie, being in the eye of a cyclone) and now we have the second half (the tail). The storm has weakened a lot already, so everything should be good. There have been some casualties, but it seems to be mostly alright. My heart goes out to the families of those affected.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone. Internet connectivity is wrecked, trees took heavy damage… My immediate neighborhood is mostly alright barring some missing tin/plastic roofs, dozens of destroyed hoardings and many damaged trees.

The coastal areas were of course hit the hardest, and rescue operations are ongoing.

Looking on the bright side, the worst is behind us. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Glad you are unharmed.

5 Likes

I also feeled it but less, no electricity for 5-7 hours. Very low voltage for the rest of the tine.
Sundarban forest saved us. Else there would be much losses in our country. (really not joke)

2 Likes