Airtables - Get row based on value in cells of a column

Hi again everyone!

I could not find this in forum after some reading, so I hope to find a solution here in my topic.

If I use Get Column, is it then possible to separate the values based on the text and then Get Rows based on the value?

I have a shoppingcart with different stores, when the data is uploaded the user choose what store it’s supposed to be bought in. Thereafter I want the data to be placed within the List View for that store.

I hope you understand what I try to do :laughing:

Here’s my Spreadsheet:

So when getting data I want all rows with Value “Clas Ohlson” from Column “Butikk” to be listed in List View named ClasOhlson and so on.

For now I just get all data and places it into 1 List View, but I want to make 5 List of stores.

Any feedback/help would be awesome :slight_smile:

This is the blocks I use to get all data, maybe I can just use that for the separation?

You can go through each list with a For Each and validate the search with an IF THEN to separate the products or stores

That’s what I thought I had to do, so I will try this later today if I don’t get any other options :+1:

1 Like

I don’t get it, can I use Get Row? I can’t seem to find a solution for this, here’s my blocks(I’ve tried many ways, but nothing works) :-/

Guess I’m just doing it wrong :thinking:

Still havn’t solved this, any suggestions on how to do it?

I have absolutely NO idea how to do this, I’ve tried now a few ways with getting all rows, but it’s not working. I’ve been playing around by changing the Total rows, Get item and Global variables.

You can put in the set in a TinyDB and then make a “set label” with your TinyDB from any block.

But I don’t know how to separate the rows.
And I don’t want to use TinyDB, I want it to always have to be downloaded online directly to show in app.

How do I get all data(rows) and split rows depending on the value in one of 3 Column?

As I said in topic I want to get all data, but split the rows into 5 different lists depending on what the value is in Column “Butikk”.

You can try this example to create a list of all filtered products. Also, to avoid reading each column in a spreadsheet you can work with JSON and do the same as in the example vudeo.

True, I could do that, that’s the way I did my previous project when I used Thunkable, but I don’t like JSON that much :stuck_out_tongue: But I’ll give it a try and see how it works :slight_smile:

If anyone have an idea or example to show for me to continue the way I do now, please share it :slight_smile:

If you share an aia file, it would be better to be able to help you

No problem, here I’ve made an aia that does the same, only thing you need is to change these settings in Airtable components:

And ofc create the database with some data, something like this:

I edited the blocks to be in english, as I guess that explains it more easy for you than in Norwegian :stuck_out_tongue:

Any questions just reply :slight_smile:
Forum_Testing.aia (51.6 KB)

Why do I get this error, I thought this should work? I’ve tried so many ways now, but this looks like a solution, but I get this error…

Any idea what I’ve done wrong?

it is not a list. a list is composed for example like this: a,b,1,2,3.
give me some time to analyze your blocks
you have considered firebase. it has a tag structure and it is easier to do a search because you don’t have to download the whole database to perform the offline search. the search takes place in the cloud and you have no problems on low-end terminals

@Choofa you have solution of this? I got same problem too