[Free] ColorTools - Extension to work with colors

ColorTools

Description

You can use this extension to work with colors like Blending, Merging, Darkening and Lightening colors

Idea came when I was stuck making the color darker and lighter

Blocks

Difference between Blending and Merging.

Blending usually places a color over other with transparency. While Merging creates whole new color by Mixing them. Like people do with real paints. You can use Kodular’s inbuilt ColorUtilities to specify the amount (alpha).

Merging Red and Yellow generates Skin tone color and Blending them makes Orange color. See Methods for image.

Methods

Here amount parameter must be a valid double. E.g 0.2 for 20%. You can use between 0.1 and 1.0 for amount.

component_method(4)
Use this if you want to blend foreground color with the background with amount. Amount is the opacity of the foreground color.
E.g If you set foreground as red and background as blue with amount of 0.2. Red will be 20% visible above blue.
foreground ~ color (int)
background ~ color (int)
amount ~ number ( double )
Sample

component_method(5)
Use this if you want to merge 2 colors respectively to create new colors. Using Alpha will make the ability to set how much you want to mix them.
You can use inbuilt ColorUtils to set alpha for colors.

color1 ~ color (int)
color2 ~ color (int)
Sample

component_method(6)
Use this block if you want to darken the given color. You can specify the amount of darkness to add.
color ~ color (int)
amount ~ number (double)
Sample

component_method(7)
Use this block if you want to lighten the given color. You can specify the amount of lightness to add.
color ~ color (int)
amount ~ number (double)
Sample

Downloads

:open_file_folder: Aix : com.jaxparrow.colortools.aix (6.3 KB)

I will add a sample aia and apk later :wink:

16 Likes

Nice extension.
Can you post few screenshots to let us see the extension in action?

1 Like

Yeah, I am working on that.

1 Like

This is gonna make life so much easier! I’ve been waiting forever for something like this.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply

Updated them. You can see how it works.

@Jaxparrow , nyc extension :+1:

I don’t think aia is needed for that. Just provide a little usage of blocks so that can help newbies.

But you should provide a sample apk with some customization like picking the color and setting the amount with sliders. It would be nice if you add that type of apk​:slightly_smiling_face:. I would like to test this extension in an apk.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s why I am taking time. A fully customizable testing for colors with the ability to pick colors , alpha setting and modes etc.,.

Great. Thanks, You’ve done a very precious contribution to my upcoming apps.

1 Like

:heart: Thanks for your big words

1 Like