I lost my keystore and asked play store for help

Few days back when I updated my app there was an error saying that this an change certificate i.e not the same key. Aftet readings a few topics in community I contacted google and they have send me this. What should I do now?

If you’ve lost your private key, it’s gone forever (unless you have backups).

Have you uploaded a new Keystore (Key)

/Boban

When I was updating the app I was using the same project that I have created in the very start. I don’t have key backup though.

I have tried uploading with new keystore but didn’t work.

If I interpret this correctly
bild

All you have to do now is.

• Download your keystore from Kodular and save it in a safe place.

bild

keytool -export -rfc -alias androidkey -file upload_certificate.pem -keystore android.keystore -storepass android

/Boban

5 Likes

Sir! I am very confused. Do I have to convert my keystore file into. Pem and If yea then do I need some kind of software for this? Please help me.

Sir If I inbox you my keystore can you please convert it for me?

Boban quoted a thread. Read it. Keep your mind calm, and don’t skip-read replies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have seen that thread but don’t get it. I am not familiar with keystore and all stuff. I am confused that’s why I asked him if he can do it for me or give me some video tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=keystore+to+pem+convert

Yes I can do this for you

/Boban

I have watched one of the tutorial you suggested and converted the .keystore to .pem. But the procedure was quick. Is it ok?
Here are some ss

Yes

/Boban

1 Like

Sir I have sent u message please check it out. Problem still not solved.

Did it work?

/Boban

1 Like

Yeah it did, thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.