[Smart List] Check where user is scrolling in a post like facebook.. (Jugard )

Hi koders so far now we were not able to check out where user is scrolling and what is reading in long lists in our app but i made it possible using a jugard (punjabi) :smile: method.

Advantages

Now u can track that where a user is scrolling in a list of posts in your app and which post he is reading or skipping.
U can use it to show custom data to a user after detecting his behavior as facebook does…:wink:

For example u can play a video when user stops at video post just like facebook and can stop that video when user moved on​:sunglasses:
example 2 u can use tags in your posts/news etc and when a user reads a post of specific type or focuses there u can track his actions and then can show him data /news!/post according to his demand… That will be a next step towards professionality and it increases user engagement

Design Part

Design part contains following components
Folo

Explanation

I tried two basic methods and 3rd one is their blend

Blocks For List Creation

method1

It usesDynamic Components Extension by @yusufcihan to create components dynamically
In this method we have following blocks

Method2

It uses Vertical Scroll Handler Extension By @colinTree

It has Following Blocks

3rd Method

It contais blocks of both above methods working parallal
Actualy first two methods have some minor limitations but using both of then at once eliminate them.

ScreenShot

It will show the data under focus in a label

DownLoads

SmartList.apk (5.0 MB)
SmartList.aia (45.1 KB)

Credits

Thanks @Kodular For this greatr platform
and thanks to @yusufcihan and @ColinTree for their Amazing extension

if you like my work then give it a thumbs up

25 Likes

Sorry but i didn’t get it what this topic about ?

2 Likes

@Yash_Agarwal_376 With this u can track where user is scrolling in a list and which post he is reading… U can use it show custom data to a user after detecting his behavior…:wink:
Most of the users ask questions to get focusing position of user in lists so this guide gives them an opportunity to get that information… :blush:

Okay just like when we are watching videos in fb so when we stop scrolling in a particular video so it is playing automatically

2 Likes

Exactly we can add all of these features with the help of this… And when users moved on we can stop the video

Okay :heart: You are very smart good work @Zia_Choudhary you just blast a minor boundary to make a professional app

2 Likes

@Yash_Agarwal_376 thanku for your appreciation :relaxed:

1 Like

It is related to this topic : Intelligent scroll in a list

I’m searching for a way to do as in the linked video :wink:
@Zia_Choudhary , I just tested your app and the behaviour is not the same as the one from the video
Actually you just set the header value to the clicked cardview or check scroll position (with a pixel number, I wonder if it will works on every device :confused:)
Maybe I can investigate with the Colin Tree’s extension (ScrollArragementHandler)
By the way, thanks for your help :smiley:

1 Like

U r welcome
I know what u r trying is a little bit different but i think that will need my method to check category position

No it’ll work… Just give it a try and modify according to your needs because its a guide that covers whole topic if you want some modifications u can do by changing logics
Just play with logics and you will be done​:wink:

Great work @Zia_Choudhary:heart:

1 Like

@nikzdreamer2001 u r welcome… Your appreciation means a lot for me​:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Actually I’m wondering how setting positions or dimensions in pixel can work efficiently :confused:
Why there is not % references ??
For example, how can you create an arrangement that takes 33% of the width screen ?
Do you have to calculate a ratio between full width screen and setting it in px everytime ?

1 Like

Yeah its very simple in one of my other guides i have explained this too…
U can read that here

Please use WidthPercent when possible. There’s no need to waste numbers of blocks.

@WatermelonIce To whom u r saying

I got the topic.really helpfull to create advanced social app.suggest (& with this if you connected imotion detect extention & show post based on user imotion that will be great.)

1 Like

@msr79526 Thanks for showing love its a great idea i’ll try to implement it after 5 aug because now m busy in my exam preparations
This idea will help us to develop high level apps… Like social apps… I really appreciate it
If anyone else wants to do it then he is welcome :relaxed:

1 Like

You, of course.

1 Like

@WatermelonIce Hmmm then check i have used width not percentage… @Stefun asked about percentage so i suggest him a way to do that…every users perception is always different being a guide author i have to satisfy all of their queries :wink:

Just curious, do you know there is an option called width Percent/height percent? With this way you van reduce the time of loading (as there is calculations).
So @stefun asked for 33% of the screen width of an arrangement. He should use Width percent and put 33 in the slot.

1 Like