I’m trying to test my app but when I scan QR code, nothing is happening! I tried a lot. Also I notices my connection speed is still in 0 kbps so I thought I have problem is in my WiFi connection but its not. My internet is working well. Please give me a solution.
Are your PC and Phone are on the same network?
If your app does not appear on your device, the most likely problems are:
- You may have an outdated version of the Makeroid Companion App.
- Your device may not be connected to wifi. Make sure you see an IP address at the bottom of the Makeroid App screen on your phone or tablet.
- Your device may not be connected to the same wifi network as your computer. Make sure both devices are connected to the same wifi network name.
- Your school or organization may have network protocols in place such that the wifi connection is not allowed.
Thanks for your reply! But I checked everything. I use Wifi and my PC and mobile is connected to same network and also I have the latest version of the app
Does it also not work with an empty project?
Yeah it’s totally not working
Make sure you’re using http://builder.makeroid.io not https.
WoW! The problem is solved and it connected pretty quickly. Thanks for your support
sir after drako update… my companion is not working… in chrome, kodular is redirecting to https
what should i do now?? pls help
Conor posted that 7 months ago, so it is not valid anymore. Also companion is working with HTTPS now.
no its not… after scanning the qr code nothing happens. without live test its very difficult to make app. i also tried http:// but it redirects to https://
and i dont know what to do now…
yes same problem
Same problem here. When I scan the QR Code the QR code goes of in the browser and then a dialog comes showing 20% sending some files. It remains at 20% even after an hour.
I am trying to report this issue for quiet some time. I take my phone and scan the QR Code. After scanning the QR Code disappears in the web browser(Microsoft Edge). A dialog with a linear progress bar pops saying Establishing a secure connection at 20%. This 20% never goes up even by 1% in the next 1 hour. This is how I am not able to use companion to test the app and always have to export and apk through QR Code which takes a lot of time.
You have to give more info then just that. And don’t use Edge. Use Chrome, FireFox or Opera but not Edge.
- Try again.
- First check if the app is compiling without issues.
Tried it many times but still did not work.
I have had this problem before, the companion would not connect or would freeze and the browser would either not load or freeze at 20% and it was after doing these things that I was able to get it working again.
- Delete the cache on your browser (make sure to save and download the AIA file of your latest work first) Most people use Chrome.
- Delete the cache of the Companion app on your mobile device
- Uninstall and reinstall the companion app
- Use Opera Browser if Chrome is still not working.
I have found that the companion works better from Opera or Vivaldi browsers than it does from Chrome but that is just my personal experience and with a Mac.
I hope this helps someone.