Kodular Premium

Hi Koders!
We have exciting news and updates to share with you!

You asked us for a better ads system with no commissions and quicker approvals, and we’ve listened! Based on a lot of the popular (and constant) feedback we get from you, we are here today to announce a major upgrade to Kodular.

Introducing: Kodular Premium!

premium

Get more from Kodular with Kodular Premium. Upgrade for only $3.50/month!

Upgrade to Premium for $3.50/month

Here’s a quick overview of what you will get access to with Kodular Premium.

Free plan Kodular Premium
Number of projects 10 Unlimited
Total asset size 5MB Unlimited
Number of extensions per project 5 Unlimited
Use ads extensions :x: :white_check_mark:
Monetization components Only Ad Manager All ad components
Monetization approvals Regular review channel Fast-tracked review channel

We believe the quotas listed in the Free plan are generous enough to comfortably start making apps with no code.

Upgrading to Premium

Kodular Creator will switch to the freemium model starting 2022-07-11T00:00:00Z. You can upgrade anytime in advance so that Premium will be automatically activated for your account from 2022-07-11T00:00:00Z. You will be billed only from that date onwards.

We will also be awarding Premium subscriptions to two distinguished members of the Community for their contributions and involvement. (Awardees will be chosen based on data listed here) More information is in the post below.

Head to my.kodular.io/premium to upgrade now!

Discounts

If you decide to purchase the yearly plan, you will automatically get 2 months off ($35/year), but if you sign up within these first two weeks, you can get an extra month off with a free trial!
Check the post below for the detailed timeline and terms.

Monetization approvals and commissions

If you are on the Free plan, you will only have access to Ad Manager monetization components with commissions as listed in docs.kodular.io

If you are subscribed to Premium, you will have access to all ad components. Furthermore,

• Ad Manager components will continue to have commissions, but with better ad inventory, dedicated support and enhanced integration.
  • All other ad components will be available with 0% commission.
  • Only Ad Manager components will require ads approval from Kodular if your app is distributed outside Google Play Store. All other components will be available for use without approval.
  • We will be open sourcing all other ad components so you can remix and import them as extensions, should you need to.

What will happen to existing projects?

We want to make the transition to Premium as smooth as possible. To avoid disruptions to your work, you will be able to continue editing and testing all your projects, even on the Free plan. Here are some things to note when on the Free plan:

• If you have more than 10 projects, you can continue editing all of them, but cannot create new projects till you get the number of projects down to 9.
  • If your app uses more than 5 extensions/more than 5MB in assets, you can continue editing and testing your project (with the Companion). However, you will not be able to compile such projects.
  • If your app uses non-Ad Manager monetization components, you can continue editing and testing your project but will not be able to compile it.

What’s next for Kodular

Cutting down on ad approvals and monetization reviews will allow the team more time to focus on adding new features to Kodular. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on these past few months! :wink: (Hint: Why stop at Android?)

Moving forward, we will be updating Kodular at least once a month, with constant bug-fix updates and improvements. We will be releasing an update schedule soon to notify everyone in advance of major changes.

We will also be a lot more involved in the Community and organize events to educate and enrich Koders. More information on this will follow soon.

We hope Kodular Premium solves many bottlenecks in your workflows and make app development with Kodular a breeze. In case you missed the link, here it is again:

Upgrade to Premium

Happy Koding!
Kodular Staff

38 Likes

Timeline

The Freemium Model goes live on 2022-07-11T00:00:00Z. All features will still be free until that date.

Free Trial

If you sign up for Premium before 2022-07-10T23:59:00Z on any plan, you will get a free trial until 2022-07-12T23:59:00Z.
We are giving this free trial as we are allowing new subscriptions from now, but as changes don’t go into effect yet. We will give the first two paid days totally for free if you decide to upgrade to Premium.

Yearly Plan 10% Off

Additionally, if you decide to go for the Yearly plan ($35/year, with 2 months off included), you can get an additional 10% discount (one extra month off).
This discount is valid for new sign ups made during 2022-07-04T00:00:00Z2022-07-17T23:59:00Z.

• If you upgrade to Premium before 2022-07-10T23:59:00Z, the discount will be automatically applied to your purchase.

• If you upgrade after 2022-07-11T00:00:00Z and before 2022-07-17T23:59:00Z, you can use the code: KPREMIUM10 to get the discount.

Note this discount is only valid when purchasing the Yearly plan directly. It does not work if you opt for the Monthly plan and then switch to Yearly.

Additional Discounts

We will be posting a few more discount codes randomly in social networks (Instagram, Twitter, Discord, etc.) and here in the Community. Keep an eye out to catch them!

Additionally, we will be awarding free Premium subscriptions to top users in our Community. We will be directly contacting them to send them voucher codes,
If you believe you have made significant contributions to Kodular Community or MIT App Inventor, please message us to check if you can qualify.

13 Likes

Frequently Asked Questions

General Limits

I have more than 10 projects, but I don’t want to pay (or keep paying) for Premium. What will happen to those projects?

You will still be able to work with and build your existing projects. The only restriction is that you will not be able to create new projects until you delete existing ones.

I have a project with over 5MB in assets, but I don’t want to pay (or keep paying) for Premium. What will happen to that project?

You will still be able to keep adding more assets and edit/test your project. However, you will not be able to build this project (export it as APK or AAB).
To remove this restriction, you will have to reduce the number of assets in your project or purchase a Premium subscription.

I have a project with over 5 extensions, but I don’t want to pay (or keep paying) for Premium. What will happen to that project?

You will still be able to keep adding more extensions and edit/test your project. However, you will not be able to build this project (export it as APK or AAB).
To remove this restriction, you will have to reduce the number of extensions in your project or purchase a Premium subscription.

Are there any other limits in the Premium plan?

As stated, Premium plan removes all imposed limits compared to the Free plan. However, keep in mind some limits will still apply due to some system limitations.
The biggest limit you should be aware of is the app build limit, which still is 32MB after bundling the project. This applies to both plans.

Monetization

I am using an advertising component that is not using Google Ad Manager, but I don’t want to pay (or keep paying) for Premium. What will happen to that project?

You will still be able to edit and test your project. However, you will not be able to build it (export it as APK or AAB).
To remove this restriction, you will have to either switch your advertising components to Google Ad Manager or purchase a Premium subscription.

I have paid for a Premium subscription. Do I still need to apply for ads approval?

It depends.

• If you are using Google Ad Manager components, as you are accessing a restricted ad inventory, you will still have to apply for approval if you wish to distribute your app outside of Google Play. However, as a Premium user, you have access to expedited reviews and your app will be reviewed in 24 hours.
  • If you are only using other advertising components, you are good to go without needing any approval from us.

Will I have any commission in my ads?

All ads will henceforth be displayed only with your own ad units. If you are using Google Ad Manager, you will be charged a commission at the end of each month as usual (this commission is so low that you will not notice it compared to other ad networks’ revenue).
Other advertising components will have a 0% commission.

Billing

How long does it take for a new subscription to be applied?

In most cases, just a few seconds. You will see your subscription at my.kodular.io/premium right away.
In Kodular Creator, you may have to log out and log in back again (expire the session).

I have paid for the Monthly plan but I would like to switch to Yearly. Can I?

Yes, you can. Head to my.kodular.io/premium to manage your subscription, and you can switch right away.
However, note that some discounts are not applicable between plans.

I have paid for the Yearly plan but I would like to switch to Monthly. Can I?

Unfortunately, you will have to wait until the end of the billing cycle. You can update it from my.kodular.io/premium, but changes will go into effect at the end of the cycle, so your subscription will remain active for the entire purchase duration.
Note that some discounts are not applicable between plans.

Can I request a refund if I no longer need Premium?

We are sorry but we do not issue refunds or reimbursements for Kodular Premium.

12 Likes

PSA: We have to update a couple of pages, like the main website and Documentation. We will be doing it during this week as changes are not yet live.
If you have any doubt or question, feel free to ask it in Community, and we’ll answer it as soon as possible.

8 Likes

426 posts were merged into an existing topic: Generic Discussion about Kodular premium

As a heads up, we will be giving free subscriptions to active users in the community. In other words, if you contribute properly and engage on a frequent basis, you will be able to get the Premium plan for free.
We will publish soon how to get these kind of discounts.

We are also considering how to keep supporting students. We are thinking about making a discount, giving it for free, or maybe giving away some kind of “middle” tier subscription.

15 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Pls Remove my students request

We had a little issue and couldn’t go live yesterday. We’ll make it happen within the next few hours.

As a quick comment, we have listened your feedback, and the following things will be likely to change:

• We will imement PayPal as payment option.
  • We will (probably) increase the extension limit on the free plan within the next few days/weeks.
19 Likes

This topic has been closed, as we would like to use it for official announcements.
If you are looking for the discussion or want to comment anything, please use the following topic: Generic Discussion about Kodular Premium

We have pushed a fix for Premium payments which should reflect them instantly from now on (before you needed to wait a few hours for them to be live).

12 Likes