Kodular Fenix 1.5.6 Bug Tracker

Hello @Vishwas is there any way to solve this as we are waiting for new update release
Because Google Play have said that
:point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

We reviewed Watani Wetu | Simba Vs Yanga, with package name com.watani.sc, and found that your app uses software that contains security vulnerabilities for users. Apps with these vulnerabilities can expose user information or damage a user’s device, and may be considered to be in violation of our Malicious Behavior policy.

io.kodular.info_netmovie.WPro.Screen1.lambda463 AAAAAZCYxqI:APA91bEktgb5toH0QqHwpJzCktR3Vuqkaby_6hgNs4Wp4FqYAQkcOEG0HBszrzSpMJmh3IV38kcp_NKREmvXhS7w3qW0yCHAjUETEzeMvfkQ5Ok498W34mlk4QLJXY15eX0c2_YPO6L4
io.kodular.info_netmovie.WPro.Screen1.lambda462 AAAAAZCYxqI:APA91bEktgb5toH0QqHwpJzCktR3Vuqkaby_6hgNs4Wp4FqYAQkcOEG0HBszrzSpMJmh3IV38kcp_NKREmvXhS7w3qW0yCHAjUETEzeMvfkQ5Ok498W34mlk4QLJXY15eX0c2_YPO6L4
io.kodular.info_netmovie.WPro.Screen1.lambda521 AAAAAZCYxqI:APA91bEktgb5toH0QqHwpJzCktR3Vuqkaby_6hgNs4Wp4FqYAQkcOEG0HBszrzSpMJmh3IV38kcp_NKREmvXhS7w3qW0yCHAjUETEzeMvfkQ5Ok498W34mlk4QLJXY15eX0c2_YPO6L4
io.kodular.info_netmovie.WPro.Screen1.lambda520 AAAAAZCYxqI:APA91bEktgb5toH0QqHwpJzCktR3Vuqkaby_6hgNs4Wp4FqYAQkcOEG0HBszrzSpMJmh3IV38kcp_NKREmvXhS7w3qW0yCHAjUETEzeMvfkQ5Ok498W34mlk4QLJXY15eX0c2_YPO6L4
io.kodular.info_netmovie.WPro.Screen1.lambda523 AAAAAZCYxqI:APA91bEktgb5toH0QqHwpJzCktR3Vuqkaby_6hgNs4Wp4FqYAQkcOEG0HBszrzSpMJmh3IV38kcp_NKREmvXhS7w3qW0yCHAjUETEzeMvfkQ5Ok498W34mlk4QLJXY15eX0c2_YPO6L4
io.kodular.info_netmovie.WPro.Screen1.lambda522 AAAAAZCYxqI:APA91bEktgb5toH0QqHwpJzCktR3Vuqkaby_6hgNs4Wp4FqYAQkcOEG0HBszrzSpMJmh3IV38kcp_NKREmvXhS7w3qW0yCHAjUETEzeMvfkQ5Ok498W34mlk4QLJXY15eX0c2_YPO6L4

See the screenshot
:point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

Storage Permissions (READ / WRITE) and DefaultFileScope

The DefaultFileScope (AI2, Kodular: DefaultFile) property in the Designer doesn’t convince me at all. I consider this to be dispensable / superfluous (not to say: confusing).

(Unlike AI2, this does not declare any permissions in the Manifest if DefaultFile is set to Legacy.)

Why shouldn’t the storage permissions be declared like this (on all Android versions):

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" android:maxSdkVersion="28" />

or this (since AI2 & Kodular decided to declare requestLegacyExternalStorage=true in the Manifest, so it continues to work on Android 10):

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" android:maxSdkVersion="29" />

I have already asked this question on the AI2 forum many times and have not yet received an answer.

Explanation
Since storage permissions are requested since API 23 (Android 6) at runtime, it should not be a problem / disadvantage at all to always declare them in the Manifest.

Only on Android < 6, storage permissions (READ / WRITE) are requested and granted at install time to be able to install an app.

You can remove them from the Manifest if the app doesn’t need them and if you don’t want users to have to grant them. However, this was also the case before.

So I would like to hear a single argument against my proposal.

The huge advantage, however, would be that it would simplify a lot and prevent countless permission bugs and issues. I have pointed this out in countless topics and posts in the AI2 forum.

3 Likes

Yap, though it works fine when I use my Android version 9 but with samsung galaxy a13 5g it shows this error even if you allow permission on the Settings

I think this is why Google Play Team have rejected my app by saying that I am using a software that contains security vulnerabilities for users… expose user information & damage a user’s device

:point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

Please kodular staff do something on this we are real in trouble

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

The Download component incorrectly requests WRITE permission also on Android 11+.

Since a file is downloaded to the Shared folder /Download, no storage permissions are required on Android 11+.

Canvas permissions:

Screen Orientation Quick Flip

• Tested on Redmi Note 7 (Android Version 10)

• Auto-Rotation property was also locked.

• Screen Orientation was set to Portrait in designer section.

• Flipping only occurs when holding in landscape position, it works properly when holding in portait position. (This behaviour not observed in apps created with Android Studio)

Reference Video :point_down:

2 Likes

Projects affected by this bug will automatically be recovered/fixed when the update is released. Thank you for your patience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good to hear that. Can we definitely count on that?

And, as I said before, the File component should always declare both storage permissions (READ/WRITE) in the Manifest. WRITE permission only up to Android 10 (API 29). However, WRITE should not (never) be requested on devices running Android 11+.

Or even better: Storage permissions should always be declared this way in the Manifest on all Android versions!

I have tested the fix with a broken project on my local instance of Kodular. Because workspaces fail to load as soon as malformed blocks are encountered, corruptions won’t be saved in our servers. Effectively, we’re still storing the pre-1.5.5 version of the affected blocks workspaces.

3 Likes

Is it really asking too much to get a short answer/feedback from the Kodular team on my suggestion?

How about if we could test it on the test (beta) server beforehand?

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Build failed due to issue from blocks

Sound Recoder - bug

This simple app doesn’t work with the APK on Android < 11, because WRITE permission is not declared in the Manifest.

So again, for the fourth time:
:exclamation: Declare READ on all android versions and WRITE up to Android 10.

1 Like

Video Player - bug - Play from assets

The Video_Player doesn’t play videos from the assets with the APK.

This bug is still present since July 2019. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Many storage permission bugs / issues can be fixed if these permissions are correctly declared in the Manifest. Here’s an extension that does it:

Whether the permissions are then automatically requested depends on the respective components and must be checked (with the APK).

So if you found a permission problem, use this extension and report back if the problem persists.

2 Likes

Image component - Bug - WRITE must be declared incorrectly even on Android 11+

1 Like

Hi, they removed the return block. "if Load " “if show” for banner . This feedback was important to make the advertisement box visible only if advertisement does not occur errors. If propafganda is not loaded, there is a void in the middle of the app

1 Like