Unique AndroidID Extension. (No Permissions Needed!)

Introduction. My first Extension.

This extension obtains the unique AndroidID, without any permissions. Obtaining the IEMI number, or the users name can have significant privacy concerns. This extension obtains a unique value from the device, that can only be changed when the device is reset to factory defaults.

This is a great way to track individual devices, without knowing who they are, or asking for scary permissions. This helps for GDPR and other type compliance.

A use case is you want to make sure that a device does not delete your application to get circumvent various things. I use it with firebase so I can track all sorts of stats, without ever knowing who the user is, and therefore I am very privacy compliant.

Blocks

Instructions

Just call the GetDeviceID, and then apply the GotDeviceID(deviceid) to whatever variable you want.

Download Here

Special thanks to @Abhijith_Dominic, @yusufcihan, and @Taifun .

24 Likes

nice work good job

2 Likes

Well Done!

2 Likes

Good for the first extension :+1:

PS. I realized that this extension is not obtaining IMEI. I thought as IMEI. Sorry :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution.

8 Likes

Can you create an extension so I can dislike it? Because that’s disrespectful and you’re gonna get treated the way you treat others. Don’t talk trash or you’ll be treated like trash. Great extension @cian! I don’t understand why spammers are coming here now and doing this, what’s their goal :joy:

10 Likes

Its not unique my gionee x1 and my friends mi saves same id on airtable using this extension.

Can you send me the format of the ID please, the android version and model of both devices

Both the phone gives id i.e “NRD90M” Mine is gionee x1(android version 7.0) my friends is redme note 4(android version 6.0).

That is really bizarre. That is not even the format for a AndroidID.

Here is an AIA ad the APK for an AIA . can you please run it on both devices and paste the results

blah3.aia (19.9 KB)
blah3.apk (7.5 MB)

now its giving different it formate is 5e74fd081a288bcd

If it is not the same on both devices then I think you are writting the wrong value to Firebase in your other application.

Its the same extension, I just added a few other things. Can you paste a screen shot of the entire screen please? Those other elements may show details that can help me debug.

i got my mistake right now it working thank you…
But i want to ask what id is this?

What do you mean “is this”

The NRD70M or the value 5e74fd081a288bcd?

5e74fd081a288bcd this one?

That is the AndroidID

Is it different between the devices?

yes it is different in both the device

Good. That is the AndroidID.

It is unique to all devices and is only changed when there is a factory reset.

Isnt this possible using any blocks from device tool component?