We have exciting news and updates to share with you!
You asked us for a better ads system with no commissions and quicker approvals, and we’ve listened! Based on a lot of the popular (and constant) feedback we get from you, we are here today to announce a major upgrade to Kodular.
Get more from Kodular with Kodular Premium. Upgrade for only $3.50/month!
Here’s a quick overview of what you will get access to with Kodular Premium.
|Free plan||Kodular Premium|
|Number of projects||10||Unlimited|
|Total asset size||5MB||Unlimited|
|Number of extensions per project||5||Unlimited|
|Use ads extensions|
|Monetization components||Only Ad Manager||All ad components|
|Monetization approvals||Regular review channel||Fast-tracked review channel|
We believe the quotas listed in the Free plan are generous enough to comfortably start making apps with no code.
Kodular Creator will switch to the freemium model starting 2022-07-11T00:00:00Z. You can upgrade anytime in advance so that Premium will be automatically activated for your account from 2022-07-11T00:00:00Z. You will be billed only from that date onwards.
We will also be awarding Premium subscriptions to two distinguished members of the Community for their contributions and involvement. (Awardees will be chosen based on data listed here) More information is in the post below.
Head to my.kodular.io/premium to upgrade now!
If you decide to purchase the yearly plan, you will automatically get 2 months off ($35/year), but if you sign up within these first two weeks, you can get an extra month off with a free trial!
Check the post below for the detailed timeline and terms.
If you are on the Free plan, you will only have access to Ad Manager monetization components with commissions as listed in docs.kodular.io
If you are subscribed to Premium, you will have access to all ad components. Furthermore,
- Ad Manager components will continue to have commissions, but with better ad inventory, dedicated support and enhanced integration.
- All other ad components will be available with 0% commission.
- Only Ad Manager components will require ads approval from Kodular if your app is distributed outside Google Play Store. All other components will be available for use without approval.
- We will be open sourcing all other ad components so you can remix and import them as extensions, should you need to.
We want to make the transition to Premium as smooth as possible. To avoid disruptions to your work, you will be able to continue editing and testing all your projects, even on the Free plan. Here are some things to note when on the Free plan:
- If you have more than 10 projects, you can continue editing all of them, but cannot create new projects till you get the number of projects down to 9.
- If your app uses more than 5 extensions/more than 5MB in assets, you can continue editing and testing your project (with the Companion). However, you will not be able to compile such projects.
- If your app uses non-Ad Manager monetization components, you can continue editing and testing your project but will not be able to compile it.
Cutting down on ad approvals and monetization reviews will allow the team more time to focus on adding new features to Kodular. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on these past few months! (Hint: Why stop at Android?)
Moving forward, we will be updating Kodular at least once a month, with constant bug-fix updates and improvements. We will be releasing an update schedule soon to notify everyone in advance of major changes.
We will also be a lot more involved in the Community and organize events to educate and enrich Koders. More information on this will follow soon.
We hope Kodular Premium solves many bottlenecks in your workflows and make app development with Kodular a breeze. In case you missed the link, here it is again: